Consequences

Hayden Kerberos

OOC First Name
Galinda
Hayden,

How could you do this to me? I can't believe it. Just get out of my life. I thought I could trust you. I thought you loved me. I loved you. Until I got that letter. I thought you were writing to simply cheer up my day. How wrong. I really thought I could trust you. Hayden, you can just forget even talking to me. I know I will. I'm just going to get you out of my life. Don't bother writing back. I loved you. But that's over. You slept with a woman who could be your mother. I can't forgive you. And you know it. Well, I hate you, Hayden Kerberos. And that will never change. I've finally seen sense.
The return of Lemina's letter brought pain to the young man and luckily he was in his office grading papers when it had arrived or his normally strong and tough ways towards his students would have been jeopardized even more then his position as a Professor already was for impregnating Evie. He put his head down on his desk and crumpled up what he knew would probably be the last words his love ever sent his way.

The professor truly didn't know what do do, his destructive manner quickly coming back as he thought of hitting the spells he was talented at towards his students like he had when he was part of The Group. Hayden glared as he looked at a photograph of himself, Dietrich, Demetris, Mihail, Svetlana, Vladien, Jaken and of course little Zeraldi. Why had he abandoned friendships for Lemina? She was a Hufflepuff and he was a Dark Art's professor with a tendency to drink and have sex with random women. Of course it would not work out, why had he tricked himself to think that it would?

What was paining him possibly even more was that he still loved her like he always had. Lemina Troque was perfect and he was not, so he picked up a quill and parchment and wrote three simple words to her that were true in meaning but likely would not be returned.
I love you.

The passageway to the office was narrow on the way to Hayden's office. The stack of parchments that the DA professor had moodily asked her to bring to Hayden to grade wobbled precariously as she made her way down it suffering wolf whistles from a group of 7th year boys. She glowered at them loathe to turn her back to them as they would see the thin black seam of her stockings and react like the Neanderthals they were. Her scrunch skirt had the added habit of riding up slightly higher above her knee which also seemed to incite them further. Moko knocked on the door trying to ignore them but they were so damn lucky she didn't pull her wand out and blast a few hexes their way. Without waiting for an answer she walked right in and slammed the door behind her.

So intently busy on getting the stack of parchments to the table before they fell she prattled on.
"Hi sir" she grinned at the ridiculous use of the term but knew it was necessary at times, "his lordship wants you to grade all of these as well."

She finally managed to lower them all down without dropping one, brushing her hands as she did so. It was only then she glanced at her friend and a frown creased her brow.

"Hayden?" she walked around to his side of the desk and looked at him, gently placing a hand on his shoulder, "Hayden what is it?" concern for him tinged her voice deeply.

Hayden barely looked up as his office door was open and slammed shut again. He looked at the girl blankly as she spoke to him and his eyes trailed down to the stack of papers that surely would take him forever to grade even though they were all going to be the exact same and rushed. So he sighed heavily and as she came towards him, he looked down at the fits that held the crumpled letter.

Hayden opened his hand, palm up, letting her take it so she would read it for herself. Hayden was too upset and angry to say something just yet so he looked deep into Morrigan's beautiful brown eyes.

Moko looked puzzled at him as he opened his hand to reveal what looked like a scrunched up letter. He obviously intended for her to take it so she did, glancing at him anxiously as she began to straighten it out. As she then turned her attention to the letter, she walked to the side of his desk absently and sat against it. The letter was from Lemina, it was blunt extremely so. Moko bit her lip and shut her eyes tight. What sort of comfort could she offer him after this? Hadn't she been the one that had told him it would be ok? That Lemina would forgive him with time? That clearly was not going to be the case and Moko realized she had been kidding herself.

There was no way she would have been thrilled either if she were in Lemina's situation. She would most certainly not have wanted to share him with anyone.
"Oh Hayden" her husky voice whispered deep in the stillness of his office, she could only continue to look at the words written with resentment and obvious hate, "I am so sorry".

Hayden shrugged his broad shoulders and slumped back over his desk. He crossed his arms and rested his chin on his arms and grumbled frustratedly, "Sorry nothing. I can't change her mind or Evie's. Times like this I really wish I had a time turner." He glanced up at her, his deep blue eyes locking on hers before looking down at the short letter he would return to Lemina. There was hatred for himself behind them that he didn't find himself worthy enough to send those words to her so he muttered the vanishing spell at it and it disappeared from his desk.

Moko turned around and looked at him, he seemed so lost. So downtrodden. She didn't understand what it was he was trying to get the headmistress to change but guessed it must be keeping the baby. Putting the letter back on the desk she walked back around to him and gently placed a hand over his, her fingers sliding inbetween each digit and holding tight. Squeezing gently to let him know she was there, she was always there.

She herself would have loved a time turner, perhaps it would have given her the chance to tell him back then how she had felt before he had ever met Lemina. Now it was all a mess, a horrible sordid mess, the only clear thing in it all was their friendship which she would allow him time and again to lean on.

"Don't do that" she could hear the anguish in his voice, see the pain on his face and it tore at her. She watched then as he cast the vanishing spell on another sheet of paper.
"What can I do Hayden? I feel so helpless here watching you go through this. Let me do something" she could easily hex the living daylights out of Professor Powell though there would be serious repercussions from that one and she could sure as hell sent some howlers to Lemina. Moko looked at him expectantly, as if awaiting orders.

Hayden looked down at their hands that were linked together and sighed, wishing that he had actually fallen for Moko instead of Lemina because the brunette accepted him and still loved him even though he had messed up so much. He pulled her into his body and moved his legs so she could sit on his lap. "Morrigan," he said gently as he looked at her. "Just don't mess your life up like I have. You're smarter then I am," Hayden said as he ran his fingers through her hair, moving a strand out of her face before cupping her cheek with his hand. Not once did he imagine that he could be giving her mixed signals because at the moment well he didn't care, he just wanted to be as close to his Morrigan as possible.

Morrigan Kolina Craven gasped as he pulled her towards him, accommodating her enough so she was sitting on his lap. Her short skirt rode up just another fraction, another inch or two and the top of her stockings would be revealed but this was the least of her worries. She had been close to him plenty of times, Hayden was known for his hands on approach in his friendships but this over familiarity with her person now was affecting her deeply.

His hand running through her hair caused her to tilt her head back and for a fleeting moment she closed her eyes to enjoy the sensation. His hand came to rest on her face, gently cupping her cheek after moving some of her long brown hair from her face. Instinctively she pressed her face into his open palm. Her deep brown eyes looking into his.

"I don't think I'm any smarter Hayden. I'll just learn from your mistakes" she had tried to keep a light note in her voice but as one of her hands came to settle on his shirt front, her gaze moved slowly to his mouth. The mouth that had often kissed her hair, her forehead, her cheek. Instinctual reaction was to moisten her own lips before her gaze returned to look into his eyes again.

"I didn't think she would give up on you so quickly" what could she say now, I would never do that to you? "stupid girl".

Hayden hadn't understood why Morrigan had gasped but he didn't dwell on that, in fact he didn't think any further into his friend's actions then what he could see with his eyes. As she spoke to him he shook his head in disagreement. She was so smart and no matter what she said, he would believe it and defend it. He lowered the hand that was on her cheek and rested it on her hand, his thumb grazing her knuckles softly.

Hayden looked up at Moko and said softly, excusing his ex lover's words because he didn't think she was stupid, "Not everyone knows what you do about me." What he said was true, in fact Morrigan knew nearly everything about him and his life and he hoped that it was the same way for her.

She was starting to feel out of her depth now, Moko knew she could control her wayward thoughts before they got out of hand but her body was beginning to respond now to his touch, his gentle touch.
"I won't be telling a soul Hayden" she assured him and turned to move from his lap, she couldn't stay there. Once upon a time she had the deepest crush on the boy who became one of her bestfriends but the timing had been all wrong. She had never told him and now it was too late. There was nothing she could do, no amount of magic could reverse that one or change it now.

"I should get up what if someone were to walk in" she moved swiftly keeping her back too him for a moment to regain her composure before turning to face him. Looking down to where he sat she could feel the heat flush her cheeks.

"You have a ton of grading to do, so... I'll let you get on with it but if you need me just holler" biting her lip she took a tentative step away from the desk. She needed to reign back in these foolish emotions, Hayden loved Lemina. Lemina despised him right now but that could all change again when she had calmed down a bit. Moko simply knew she could not get caught in the crossfire, her bestfriend didn't even know she existed in that way, never had and never would.

Hayden looked at Morrigan as she made excuses to stand up and leave. "Holler," he said as he stood up, taking a step towards her and resting his hands carefully on her hips. Before she could say anything more, he leant down and engaged her in a open mouthed kiss. It was something that he had never imagined he would do, well with Moko anyways. He didn't know what had come over him but he was so enjoying it, honestly he could not care if anyone did walk in.

This was something that seemed to be a long time coming, or that was the way it felt as he kissed her. Hayden pulled his lips away and looked down at her nervously, had he just ruined their relationship? Would she understand if she didn't actually wanted it. He just watched her face, not daring to speak a word or try anything again. Only now did he notice that she was gorgeous and not only as his best friend, but possibly as something more. He didn't want her to think that she was nothing to him and on the edge of his seat did he watch her brown eyes and soft pink lips.

She had barely moved when he seemed keen on taking her up on her offer, Moko chuckled as he said the word but it was lost in her throat as he stood in front of her placing long awaited hands on her hips. Her eyes searched his to gauge his intent when suddenly his lips were on hers. Her Hayden was kissing her, something she had only dreamed of, imagined in her wildest dreams and then some. Morrigan looked at him as he broke away from her. Now she was beyond confused. He loved Lemina, he was going to have a baby with old Powell and now he was kissing his bestfriend. She loved it of course, wanted more of the same, much more and with that thought in mind and no other Moko could only smile up at him as her hands wound around his neck. Her fingers curled into his hair as she brought his head down to meet hers once more.

He was intoxicating, her mouth touched his and she felt blissfully as if she were completely alive. How long had she waited for this? How long had she wanted him to desire her even half as much as she had him? But was it only a reaction to Lemina's rejection of him that spurned him on now. Utterly confused her hands moved slowly to slide gently over his shoulders to settle on his chest as she broke the kiss she had initiated. There were very few things that mattered to her in her life and he was one of the main ones. His friendship meant everything to her, she could not fathom losing it or him for some stupid romp that would lead no where. She did not know what to say to him, did not know what she would see when her eyes looked into his but she still had to do so.

Tilting her head her brown eyes sought his, a tender smile played on her lips.
"If that's what you needed..." her attempt at humor failed before it even begun, she was not what he needed. She had never been what he needed or wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back