Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 14" Sturdy Yew Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Isaiah was relaxing, he'd been intensely practicing quidditch for most of the day and was finally able to put his feet up, he was finally able to slowly breath out and just have a moment. He had a lot to do, and the work was pretty intense, not just that he was trying his best to get on top of all the work he was going to have to do for the next two years of his NEWT level but also with quidditch, since as captain of the ravenclaw team he had to train not only himself but everyone else also. The teen was feeling pretty tired and they were barely a half week into the term. But the fact it was dinner time and Isaiah was able to just put his feet up was easily a good thing. There was a lingering smile on his face as he rubbed his eyes tired and ran a hand through the sweat laced blonde hair. He hadn't yet gotten used to the blonde colour of his hair, but he was enjoying it looking like it was, he only ever intended to keep it for a semester, but he was beginning to think maybe two.

The teen sat up slightly on the sofa seat he was sitting on, stretching his body before lying back down and just settling himself, he took a book from beside him which was about quidditch tactics and held it above his face as he slowly ready through it, it wasn't the most comfortable of positions but his body adjusted to it, and he knew he could keep like that for a little while, or at the very least, know he could hold it open with one hand and be able to rest his arms. The prefect was easily settled and just happy to be reading the book he had open in front of him, though he had a lot to do and there was going to be so much work for him to be doing constantly the boy wasn't bothered by any of it, in fact generally just looking forward to it.

The start of the year did not usually depress Timothy like it did this year. He had troubles in his classes last year, so the classes he was able to take this year were severely limited. He planned on speaking to a select group of professors to see if they would make an exception for him. Timothy was willing to do anything so he could at least be able to take Transfiguration, at least. As the sixth year walked out of the Hufflepuff common room, he made sure his sketchbook was tucked under his arm and his pencils were in his front pocket. Around this time of day, Timothy went to the Student Lounge to draw or to just sit. Many things had changed about the boy, but he still did things on a ritualistic schedule. His counselor advised against this type of behavior because it was a step back from all of the work Timothy had put in to be like other people his age. But, Timmy was stubborn, and he was going to what he wanted when it came to how he spent his time.

Timothy softly stepped into the Student Lounge. He scanned the room, and his eyes landed on Isaiah reading a book. A small smile found its way onto his face. Isaiah was a friend. Timmy did not make himself available to many people. But, Prudence and Isaiah were the two people he would make time for. Timmy made his way over to the sofa Isaiah marked as his own. It only took him a few long strides to make it to the boy. Timmy touched a strand of Isaiah's hair. He knew it was not his natural color because his dark roots were very evident. "I really don't like your hair." Timmy admitted bluntly. He was still working on how to properly start conversations, but he knew Isaiah was a gentle person, at least he was with him.

Isaiah glanced up as someone was suddenly beside him rubbing his eyes a little tiredly as he did so, and noticed that the person had taken some of the strands of his hair in his, the teen looked at the person ready to be a little annoyed but his expression softened when he saw who it was, Timothy was a good friend of his, it had been a while since they'd hung out, just entirely too busy to do so, but he was happy to see him, and laughed lightly at the comment, "Why ever not?" he inquired with a small smile, Isaiah hadn't know what had taken over him when he had decided to dye his hair, the feeling and desire to at least see what he looked like had taken over him, and he'd done it, his brothers had both helped him out and he enlisted Pia's help while at school, since she could help him in the Ravenclaw common room, where neither of his brothers could get. The boy actually quite liked it, it looked a little out of place he could admit but he liked it, it wasn't that bad, but perhaps Timmy just didn't like it that much at all.

Isaiah didn't mind that in the slightest, and just sat up slightly, "I like it, it's a little different, but I like it," the prefect said to his friend with a little smile, he wouldn't change it just because Timmy didn't like it, no matter how much the other boy might tell him he disliked it, it wouldn't change the ravenclaw captain's opinion of it, "How come you haven't dyed your hair blonde?" he asked him with a friendly smile sitting on his lips, speaking in a confident tone to the boy whom he'd really gotten to know over the last few year and had long grown used to the boy's more blunt nature, and Isaiah was always careful with him, attentive to him and the way he acted, the ravenclaw didn't treat Timmy any different really from his other friends, but always tried to be a little more aware of the boy.

Timmy smiled. He was glad Isaiah acknowledged him, although he was not expecting to be ignored. Timmy slightly cocked his head to the side. He thought the reason was obvious. "Your roots are showing. It's not much, but it's enough to lower your overall appearance." he said quietly. Timmy let go of Isaiah's hair and placed his hand in his pocket. He was speaking from an artist's perspective. Some thought being abstract was a beautiful art, but Timmy tended to relate more conservatively to art. There were clear rules, and the predictability was soothing to the boy. Timmy felt Isaiah's hair was abstract. Although it did not follow the rules, he was comfortable with his friend's choice.

"I know it's not about me, but I'd like your hair better if your roots were covered." Timmy said smoothly. He was not telling the truth, but he needed to acknowledge that everything did not have to please him. By now, Isaiah was used to his honesty. Timmy was not always easy to tolerate or deal with, yet Isaiah was still his friend. His gratefulness was something he would never fully be able to express, no matter how "normal" he became. Timmy chuckled. What a ridiculous question! "That sounds like something my counselor would ask me." Timmy said. His mother would never let him dye his hair a different color. She did not want him to draw unnecessary attention to himself. She did not restrict it because of his autism. She did it because she wanted to protect her son for as long as Timmy would allow her to. "I'd have to dye my facial hair too, and dye is bad for your skin." he said. Timmy couldn't help but touch the small hairs on his face. Normally, his facial was thicker, but he had cut it down some yesterday. Shaving was an entirely different experience for Timmy, and he was not going to think about it.

Isaiah knew that the dye job was less than perfect, he had tried his best but it had been an almost fruitless job, and his hair was so dark that it rarely mattered. Instead the teen at the words shrugged shamelessly at Timmy, like what can a person so expression written on his face as he did so. But he knew that Timmy meant well in his words which was why Isaiah showed and felt little annoyance in his expression towards him, "But I'm perfectly cute," he told him with a smirk, giving the far taller boy a little wink as he did so. He knew it didn't look the best but Isaiah had never cared what people thought of him and decided that this point wasn't the point to begin caring. It was the time for that, and he had never much cared about how he looked, not enough to mind the way his hair was currently. At the boys words Isaiah chuckled lightly, in a friendly manner, and nodding as he was actually taking his point on board and considering it as an thing that he needed to fix, Isaiah would definitely consider fixing it and not just because Timmy had said.

"Maybe I'll get a buzz cut next?" Isaiah was half joking but also half hoping to get an opinion on the matter from his honest friend. He was almost surprised at the boy's admittance of a counsellor, but he thought it might make sense and if it helped his friend then that was always a good thing. But he waited for the response from the boy and was a little surprised by the response it wasn't the exact response that Isaiah had thought he would get but it was in the ball park of it, and it was both fair points, Isaiah had dark hair, and the blonde of his hair clashed a little with his facial hair but he hadn't really cared, "So if you went say like bright pink, then you'd also dye your facial hair print pink?" he asked with a slight yawn but very curious about the response the boy might give to that and laughing lightly at the thought of Timmy with bright pink hair and bright pink facial hair, he would never forced him to do something like that but the thought made him smile, "I think it would look pretty funny, but I like your hair the way it is,"

Timmy was not a fan of sarcasm. It was not because it was annoying, but it was because everyone form of it was different. Some were sarcastic, and it was easy to tell. Others were more convincing. This was one of the rare moments that Timmy recognized sarcasm. Isaiah's form of it seemed simple. The way his lips moved and face showed emotions contrary to the words that came out of his mouth. "I think you're pretty. Bunnies are cute, unless you are a bunny?" he smiled. Timmy wanted to give himself a high five. He made a joke! He was proud of himself, and his counselor would be too. He had to hang around Isaiah more often because he was making major developments with his friend here. Now he understood why his counselor told him he needed to make friends.

"Is that a joke too?" Timmy asked. He himself had sported a buzzcut for quite some time before he let his hair grow out. He had always know Isaiah for his nice hair. Well, before it was blonde it was nice hair. After giving it some serious thought, Timmy shook his head. "Don't do that to me. The blonde is already bad enough. Don't cut your hair." he said quietly. His gaze left Isaiah and went to the ground. The Hufflepuff was beginning to feel awkward. He did not like the question Isaiah was asking, and he definitely did not feel comfortable with his reaction to his admittance of a counselor. Was it strange to have one? They had been a part of Timmy's entire life. He clutched his sketchbook in his hand with an unyielding grip. A wave of relief went through him. "Are you trying to put me in an awkward situation? I don't like it." Timothy stated firmly. He was not used to being assertive. It felt....mean. The boy instantly felt sorry.

Isaiah smiled easily at Timmy and what he said, before finding himself laughing a little, "Alas no, not a bunny," he said, patting himself down with his hands as if inspecting himself just to be sure that he wasn't actually a bunny, he didn't even think if he could do an animagus that it could be a bunny, or his patronus, but he was sure that it would be, so in no case was Isaiah a bunny, although it didn't pass his notice that Timmy had called him pretty, which wasn't a word he used often when it came to himself but he couldn't help but like it, Timmy was always honest he could at least be sure that in Timmy's mind he was indeed pretty. Isaiah rubbed his eyes tiredly, and was unable to stop the yawn that escaped his lips, although he felt pretty bad for doing so considering that Timmy was right there in front of him, and that they were in the middle of a conversation, but with everything that Isaiah had to do now with all his duties it was hardly a surprise that he was tired, although he was very glad that of all the people who might've interrupted his lazying about it was him.

Isaiah at that shook his head, "Well, I don't think I'd like it, but I'd never take it off the table," he smiled easily and then just laughed a little at the other boy's serious, quiet, words, "Okay, I won't, I'll continue to let it just grow out," the boy assured Timmy since really Isaiah didn't want to take all his hair off, he didn't think it suited him much, he liked his hair and he was sure that he would it that short at all, he wanted it at it's practice length and the boy then looked at Timmy and noticed his strange change and then at his words smiled apologetically at him, "Oh, I didn't mean to," he replied quickly, a small nod to try to make him see that he hadn't intended for that, "I'm sorry Timmy," he apologised with a smile, hoping that would be enough for the boy to no longer feel awkward, but unsure of how else to be with him, or what it was exactly that he had done, but knowing that the best thing that he could do was let Timmy decide and just wait for him to say that he was all good, perhaps allow him to guide the conversation.

Timmy laughed when Isaiah patted himself down, as if to make sure that he was not a bunny. It was a small, soft laugh. One would expect a person as big in stature as Timmy to have a hefty laugh that shook a room. On the contrary, Timmy was a teddy bear, although his gaze and height made people think otherwise. Timmy was big, blunt teddy bear. Isaiah's yawn worried him. He was not worried that his friend was bored, but Timmy worried that he was stressed or something. Timmy sighed often when he felt stressed or uncomfortable. He dismissed his friend's apology with the wave of a hand. "Do you want to go to sleep? I can watch your stuff. I don't want to keep you up." he said and sat with his legs crossed in front of Isaiah. Timmy did not want to keep his friend up if he was tired. "Do you need me to sing you a song or something so you can sleep? I don't sing well, but I can do it if you really need me to." he offered innocently. Timmy was never fond of being sang to sleep, but his mom liked being sang to sleep. She had admitted that Timmy was not the best singer, but his efforts were enough to warm any person's heart.

Isaiah shook his head at him, "I'm tired, but not that tired, playing quidditch, patrolling and school work do take it out of you," he told Timmy, Isaiah had had a long and stress-filled day but he wasn't quite at the point of sleeping yet but it made him feel good that Timmy would be willing to just let him sleep while he watched his things, Isaiah if he was truly tired enough to do anything other than perhaps some light dozing would go upstairs but he really wasn't that tired, instead he was just easily smiling and looked at his friend fondly, "That's sweet of you Timmy, but I'm alright," he said to the boy sincerely, and wondered what kind of things that he liked to sing, Isaiah enjoyed singing, though he wasn't the best at it, he enjoyed it because it was good fun, he just liked being able to sing loudly and to his heart's content, even if Keye hated it, and she was the person who suffered through his singing more than most, "What kind of songs do you like to sing? I like to sing too, I used to sing my brothers to sleep when they were little," he told Timmy a little smile lingering on his lips as he thought of the pair, how proud he was of them now, he wondered briefly if Timmy had any siblings, "You got siblings Timmy?" he asked curious about his friend whom he apparently didn't know much about.

Timmy frowned. Why did Isaiah put himself under such pressure? If it made him tired, he should get rid of some of the things he didn't like as much. Timmy loved drawing, but it did not make him tired. "Stop doing so much then. You won't be so tired." he said. It was clear to the boy that Isaiah should give up some things, but he did not understand that Isaiah had responsibilities. Timothy had not had much experience with responsibilities, other than attending classes. Timmy shrugged. "They are muggle songs my mom taught me." he stated. He was not curious about Isaiah's siblings or the songs Isaiah liked to sing. Timmy did not like to dwell on things he was not good at, like singing. Timmy shook his head at his friend's next question. "My dad died when my mom was pregnant. I don't think my mom would give me siblings anyways. They'd probably be like me." he muttered his last sentence. He was sure his mother would have loved to give him siblings. But, she was busy being an Auror and all. "My mom's an Auror, so she is busy, like you."

Isaiah laughed lightly at the statement, "But I enjoy it!" he assured him which was true, while it was a lot of work, and currently Isaiah felt pretty wiped from the day, he was having a lot of fun, he thoroughly enjoyed all the little bits and pieces that he did the teen wouldn't give it up for the world. He just ran his hands all over his face and tried his best to seemingly wake himself up and be less tired, but the tiredness he felt wasn't going to be magically cured by running his hands across his face. Isaiah was so looking forward to all that he would be able to do during the year and the tiredness that he felt now would only grow he was sure as time went on during the year and he just simply had more to do. The teen regretted as Timmy spoke bringing up the other boy's family, Isaiah didn't like talking about his mother, his family, and he felt bad for making him bring it up and he easily felt his cheeks tinge red with slight embarrassment, he didn't know whether he should try to apologise to him or just leave it, "My mum died when I was six," he told him, to try to make the boy feel better about talking about his family, just to know that isaiah understood, but at the last statement, "I think it would be neat to be an auror, I would love to do that when I leave school," he told the boy a small smile on his face at the thought, "I'll just always be busy," he added with a little smile at him, hoping that this would steer towards a better topic of conversation for them both, away from sad matters of the family and just about time after school and how fun that would be.

Timmy rolled his eyes. He did not believe Isaiah. Being so busy that you were tired was not good, and Timmy still worried. It was not often that Timmy was stubborn, but when it came to how busy people were, he got a little emotional. His mother was always so busy, and it had an effect on him, not that he noticed. "What if I want to spend time with you?" Timmy asked sadly. If Isaiah was always so busy, he would not be able to see him! The boy noticed his friend's face. It was a little red. Timmy looked confused. A flushed face connected to about every emotion his book. Based on the situation, he was usually able to guess why a person blushed. However, Timmy didn't understand it in this situation. Was he sad his mom died? Of course, any sane person would be. "Are you sad?" he asked genuinely. All Timmy could conclude was that Isaiah was sad. It made perfect sense to him. Embarrassment was not something that Timothy felt often.

Isaiah grinned easily at the boy, almost half flattered when Timmy said that he wanted to spend time with him, and Isaiah was sure that he would make time for the other boy they were after all friends and Isaiah really did want to be better friends with him, so he just smiled at him, "I'll always make time for you Timmy," the teen replied with an easy grin, meaning it, he might be tired occasionally but he would always make time for him, no matter what, they were friends and Isaiah could always make time for his friends. The prefects smile faltered slightly as the question was posed, it had been a while since he had been sad about it, he got occasionally upset but most of the time he just missed her, he hadn't in so long even thought about if he was sad or not, and admittedly Isaiah didn't want Timmy to think less of him, just because he wasn't sad about loosing his mother, "It's been like ten years, I don't feel sad any more," he said clearly picking his words carefully, "I miss her, but I'm not sad," he replied, letting a small smile grace his lips as he thought about it. Isaiah wondered why the question had been asked, and wondered if perhaps Isaiah had acted in such a way that had merited the question, and he just took a moment to think about how he had acted. He hadn't really thought about it, he didn't ever, "Are you sad? You know about what happened to your dad?" Isaiah replied, wondering if that was the right thing to ask him, hoping dearly that he hadn't gotten it wrong, the last thing that Isaiah wanted to do was upset his friend.

Timothy smiled when Isaiah insisted that he would still make time for him, despite his schedule. "That makes me happy." he said proudly. Timmy had not made too many friends at Hogwarts, so he needed to hold on to the people he currently had. It was a possessive feeling that Timmy had not felt in a long time, and for good reason too. Being possessive was not called for often, so he needed to be careful. When Isaiah said he was not said about his mother, Timmy nodded. He could understand that feeling. He was not sad about his father dying because he never knew his father. Timmy could not miss a person he never knew. It was a waste of time in his mind. Timmy quickly shook his head. "Why would I be? I never knew him." he stated plainly. He never thought of what life would be life with a father. He was not wired to think that way. Timmy had been raised just fine by his mother. "If Papi died, I'd be sad. He's super old and wrinkly, really ugly too. But, I still like him around. He likes my drawings." Timmy started on something else. Papi was the only person he felt really understood him and loved him for who he was, even if he was not as visually appealing as Timmy wanted.

Isaiah knew he would always make time for people, especially those like Timmy who was a good person and easy for him to get along With, why wouldn't he make time go such a person that existed in his life, the teen just looked at him with an expression of, of course, it sat easily on his slightly tired features as he was just so clearly happy to spend time with his friends, with his friend. The point about the boy's father was fair, if he wasn't around and hadn't ever been around during Timmy's life then it was fair for the boy to not miss him and there was nothing wrong with being rather blunt about it either, "That's fair," he said in agreement with Timmy showing that he agreed with his position on the matter, and understood the point he was making, it was like with his brothers who had been too young to remember their mother, and really only knew their two fathers, so they would've wanted to know her, but they didn't really miss her in the way one might've thought. The teen listened as the boy spoke of his father and Isaiah just nodded, finding it quite interesting to hear more about Timmy's family, "I'm not surprised he likes them you are really good at drawing!" the teen very easily told him without one hint of a lie or exaggeration at the fact, he thought from what he'd heard that Timmy would be good and he truly believed the boy was talented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back