OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Since meeting the younger boy, Beau, Ajaccio had been trying to learn sign language more and more. Whenever he rode around on his skateboard, he could be seen doing a little few gestures with his hands. He had always been good at languages and he hoped he would be good at this too. Ajaccio was enjoying the challenge of it, enjoying that he was doing something, rather than sitting around in front of books. Ajaccio was making his way outside, riding his skateboard through the grounds towards the lake. He was looking forward to summer hitting in full, but for now he’d take the slightly warmer weather and the slightly longer days. As he made his way to the link he noticed a boy his age already there. It was easy to see who it was as he got closer, ”Lysander!” Ajaccio greeted the other boy. Admittedly he didn’t know the other boy, he was a much better student than Ajax was, he was on the quidditch team and he was Wendall’s friend. If Star liked Lysander, then Ajaccio knew he would too. It was why he decided now was as good a time as any to get to know the boy. So, he brought his skateboard to a stop and walked over to where he’d spotted Lysander. Ajax had thought he’d go much further away from the school. Ajax adjusted his hair under the cap on his head, as he waved at the other boy and walked over. ”Hey! What are you up to?”

Lysander had been kicked out of the castle for a while. Apparently, his attempts at practicing some yo-yo tricks with the screaming yo-yo he'd bought from Gambol & Japes had not been appreciated by one of the professors, who'd told him to go and do it outside so he wouldn't bother everyone else with its loud, incessant shrieking. He didn't mind. Sander spent most of his free time outdoors anyway. It was warm enough to enjoy, so he had decided to go down to the lake to practice his tricks, since he didn't think he'd be yelled at while so far away from the castle. He hoped, as he did every time he visited the lake, that perhaps all the noise would attract a merperson he could meet, though so far all he'd managed to do was tangle the string of his yo-yo into knots around his fingers. Frustrated, he sat by the shore and fiddled with undoing the knots, until a voice that hadn't been another of his yo-yo's shrieks distracted him. He looked up, his frown of concentrating softening into a grin when he realised it was Wendall's friend, of course holding the skateboard he swore he always saw him around with. Ajaccio had been his motivation for trying to learn to skate on his own toy broom, yet he'd never tried to ask him for any tips on how to skate around. Wheels and charms were different, he reasoned, but a part of him had felt quietly competitive about it, and he'd wanted to learn such a cool skill on his own. "Hi Ajaccio!" He greeted in return, waving a string-tangled hand at the other boy. "I've been trying to do tricks with my new yo-yo. But I messed it up a bit, and now it's like...like a fairy used incarcerous on my fingers." He told him, flexing the restrained digits to emphasize the point. It was a very Wendall thing to do, he thought. He hoped his friend's clumsiness wasn't starting to rub off. "What about you?" He asked, half-resuming his attempts to untangle his fingers from the stubborn knots.​

Ajaccio smiled at Lysander, unable to help the little laugh as he noticed the other boy seemed to be caught in the string of his yo-yo. He stood next to the boy and looked at his hands, seeing what Lysander had seeming managed. It did seem to look exactly like an incarcerous charm on his hands. ”Do you what some help getting unstuck?” Ajax wasn’t sure what he would do to help him, but he was more than willing to try if it helped Lysander get unstuck, though a magical yo yo was sure to have some fail safes in them to help untangle it. ”I was just making the most of the weather, the rain recently has made it difficult to skateboard outside, and I think the professors might be getting real tired of me doing it in the school,” Ajaccio had a light hearted and friendly tone as he spoke. He didn’t actually think they were, at least none had mentioned it, but he always felt a little cooped up when he was indoors for too long. Ajaccio tended to stay in the courtyard when he couldn’t, but it lacked the open space that the grounds had. ”What’s quidditch like to play? Star said you played,” Ajaccio decided to ask, he’d been giving quidditch some thought, he liked flying enough and Ajaccio was always looking for more ways to be involved. Lysander was also the only person who Ajaccio knew that played and though he was Star’s friend than his, he thought there was no better time that now to both asked and become better friends with him.

Lysander paused his fidgeting to consider Ajaccio's offer, giving him a defeated shrug and a small chuckle when he concluded it was probably best. He'd thought he was close to finally getting it off a couple of times now, yet always seemed to somehow find himself right back where he started. "Yes please! This is impossible with one hand." He told him. Only having one hand available to try and tug at loops certainly hadn't helped any. He didn't really know if two would be any better, but he was willing to take any help he could get. He'd wanted cutting it to be a last resort, since he didn't know if you could properly repair a magical toy the same way you could with regular ones., but as the minutes wore on he was worried it would be what he'd have to try to do. "Me too! The professors didn't really like me practicing my yo-yo tricks inside. This one's one of those that screams when you yo it." He laughed, feeling glad he wasn't the only one in that boat by the sounds of things. The adults really didn't seem to know how to have fun sometimes. At least they weren't tossing dungbombs around the castle instead. Lysander's expression briefly shifted to one of confusion when Ajaccio mentioned Star. Who the heck was Star? It sounded to him like he should have known the name, but he couldn't think of why. "Quidditch is so fun! You can fly as fast as you want without people telling you off." He responded with a grin, once the brief bafflement had passed. Quidditch was a topic he could easily talk about for hours. "All the positions are really different. I'm a beater, and it's probably the best one. The bat is like a sword and a shield against all the bludgers. I have a match against Hufflepuff coming up soon. Are you gonna come?" He asked him. He'd seen Ajaccio with Wendall at one of the earlier matches in the year, so he figured he must have enjoyed watching. "You should try it out. You're good at skateboarding." He pointed out. They'd never really had a conversation until now, but he'd seen him on it around the school enough times to be sure he was decent. "I think you'd be good on a broom, too."

Ajaccio put down his skateboard and approached Lysander reaching out and beginning to help untangle his hands as much as he could. He wasn’t sure how Lysander had quite managed to do it so expertly but it was very twisted around his fingers. Ajax laughed lightly as Lysander complained about an issue that Ajax suffered to, ”Wow, it screams? I bet the librarians would hate that going off in the library” he then asked, ”Professors should give us enough space indoors to just have fun, there are too many silly lessons,” Ajaccio had grown to like certain parts of school, but he still knew that he missed the freedom of travelling of never being bound to the four same walls of a school. He had to admit that he’d never had a yo-yo, nor knew how to use one but perhaps it wouldn’t be all that more difficult and Ajaccio was always looking for stuff to do. ”I do like flying fast,” he admitted, he listened as Lysander told him about quidditch, about the position which he knew that Lysander played, ”I’ll definitely come along!” he said, with a smile, ”I’ll sit with Wendall and we’ll cheer you on!’ the boy told Lysander, he had a feeling his friend would be at the game too and hopefully there would be enough time to sit together and watch a good long game. He pulled a different piece of the yo yo string which seemed to liberate part of Lysander’s hand, he was sure soon it would all be free. ”Do you think they’re similar? Skateboarding and flying?” the boy asked with a curious expression, he did think they shared a few things, but he flew relatively well, quidditch was another question entirely. ”I’ve been thinking about it, I’d never say no to something new, but I’ve never been on a team before, and really I don’t know quidditch, what position would I play?” Ajaccio got the impression lysander knew a lot more about quiddtcih than Ajax did, so he was sure the boy would have a better idea of where he could play that he did.

The thought to use the screaming yo-yo in or around the library hadn't crossed Lysander's mind, mostly due to the fact he avoided having to spend any time there in the first place. Now it sounded like a good excuse to get kicked out and do something else if he needed to. Reading just wasn't for him. It was easier to have a friend do the studying and just tell him all the easy bits. He could definitely agree with the boy that there were too many silly lessons. It was sort of surprising coming from a Ravenclaw. It was easy to assume they were all just naturally smart and loved learning, but Ajaccio rode a skateboard and that made him a lot cooler and different from most of the people in his house. "They could get rid of Astronomy and make that whole tower more fun. Imagine if they turned all those stairs into a slide!" He didn't think they needed to learn about stars anyway. Space was too big and confusing, and there was nothing that magical about it, it seemed. It was time that could have been better spent learning spells, or taking care of the magical creatures like the older kids did. Sander grinned as Ajaccio told him that he too enjoyed flying fast. "Who doesn't?" He laughed. Slow was for old people. He was glad to have the other boy's support at the upcoming match. The more people there were to cheer for him, the better he was sure he'd do. Hufflepuff was always the house he was most concerned about during the matches, since the majority of his friends were puffs themselves and weren't always going to be on his side. He was thankful he didn't really have that problem when it came to Wendall, who seemed to always be there for him. With Ajaccio managing to untangle part of his hand, Lysander let out a sigh of relief and wiggled his unrestricted digits. "Maybe they are. I haven't skateboarded, but I did try to skate on a small broom a couple of times. I dunno, you need to be good at like, balancing for both, right? And knowing how to turn or stop when you're going really fast. They're kind of the same." He suggested. Skating, cycling, flying, they all seemed pretty alike to him in different ways. "Quidditch is so easy. I could teach you the rules if you want. I think you'd like um, maybe chaser, or seeker. You get to fly around the most. Keeper you stay in one spot a lot, and you have to be real strong to be a beater." Not that he'd admit he was trying to flex, but he was totally flexing. "I'm going to help one of my friends practice so she can make the team next year. You could join too if you want to try it out." He suggested. It would be a lot more fun with other people playing, and a lot more relaxed than an actual practice. The remaining cord around his hand appeared to loosen up enough from the other boy's help, and he managed to snatch his hand out of its prison with a triumphant grin. "Yes, freedom! Thanks!"

Ajaccio laughed lightly, ”That would be amazing!” he agreed, thinking about both how fun a slide would be to just slide down himself, but then also as something to do on his skateboard. It would probably be pretty dangerous but he would’ve been pretty keen to have a go at it if it was real. ”Plus the astronomy classroom itself is so big, you could get ramps in there, and like a climbing frame,” he knew it was impossible, that nothing like that could exist but it was fun to think about, fun to think about how much fun they could have if it were possible. Ajaccio continue to help untangle lysanders fingers, once he’d gotten on free it was getting easier to do the rest. Skate on a broom sounded amazing, ”Wow! That’s cool, did it work?” he knew it would’ve but he definitely would want more details. He’d always figured that flying and skateboarding weren’t too dissimilar but that it was maybe also a bit more like surfing or kite surfing. ”You wouldn’t mind teaching me the rules?” he asked, he hadn’t been thinking about the team too seriously, but that had been because he hadn’t known it that well or the rules. ”I’ve never been on a sports team, might be quite fun! And you know if you help me, you can borrow my skateboard any time! I’ll show you how to do that, but I’m sure you’d be great at it, if you’d skateboarded on a broom, skateboarding on a skateboard will be easy!” he told him, actually pretty excited about this prospect. But, he managed to finally free the boy from the yoyo and triumphantly cheered, ”Can I see the screaming yoyo in action?” it seemed like an interesting enough thing, so of course he wanted to see it, wanted to see what it actually did, how loudly it screamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back