Alice on the Lawn

Alice Derland

Alice woke up today with a very strange feeling. Not the first day of school jitters but something much worse. She had not slept well all night and had a dreadful feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knew what these feelings meant but was unclear as to the specifics. So far in her life her premonitions had been benign and only involved silly things like spilling bottles of ink. But today things were different, and not in a good way.

Alice wandered around the lawn looking at the students, hoping that she would be able to get a clearer picture of what her premonition was saying, if she could get more information maybe she could understand better. But so far things were still so vague.

How could this be happening on the first day of school She thought to herself.

Anastasia was so excited that today was the first day of school! Oh my God!! I'm actually a second year now! she kept on thinking to herself. Anya walked swiftly around Hogwarts grounds today with a big grin on her face, nothing can ruin today for her. Seeing familiar faces from the past year, and new ones alike, they all got a friendly smile and even an occassional wave from her. While walking around the lawn she found a nicely shaded tree and decided to sit and sketch, like she always did under this same tree. To another great year! she thought giddily. :D

As soon as Alice saw the girl sit under the tree with her sketch pad her heart stopped. This was the girl she saw in her dream. She hadn't met her before but she knew her none-the-less. Something terrible was going to happen to this girl today, she didn't know what but she had to warn her. This girl is going to think I'm nuts, but I have to say something.

Alice walked up to her and hesitatingly said "Um, Hi, I know you don't know me but I need to talk to you." Without waiting for an invite she went on. "I had a dream last night and a terrible feeling today, I think something bad is going to happen. You need to be really careful today."

Alice's heart was in her throat as she spoke but she didn't have a choice but to talk to this girl.

Anastasia looked up from her sketch pad to the unfamiliar first year. At the girls statement, Anastasia didn't know what to think...

"Uhmm...Pardon me?" she asked in the most polite way she could. Her smile slowly fell off her face and was now a little...weirded out?

This girl made Anastasias heart stop for a moment, this girl is starting to scare her..What is she trying to say?? she thought to herself

Alice realized this poor girl must think she is a nut. She must try and explain.

"I"m sorry, let me try to explain." Alice sat down beside the girl and began...

"My name is Alice, I"m a first year in Gryffindor....and I get premonitions." I had a premonition last night about a girl in danger, I dont' know what kind of danger but it was pretty serious." Alice took a breath and continued "my premonitions aren't usually this big but this one is and I have to take it seriously. As soon as I saw you, I knew it was you who was in my dream last night."

Alice hoped the girl would take her seriously and not blow her off.

Anastasia looked the girl in the eyes when she had spoke..."Wait...Alice, you mean like death...?" Anastasia was really starting to feel freaked out, her heart was beating pretty quickly and her voice was starting to crack. "You have dreams of people like...dying?".

She was quiet for a moment thinking about what this girl had said to her...Anastasia was completely speechless for once.

"W-well" Alice stammered, "I've never had a dream about someone dying before, but I'm pretty sure that is what my dream was about. I usually just dream silly stuff like knowing I would spill a bottle of ink or I'd trip on a broken stick and things"

Alice knew she sounded silly but she was sure this time things were dire for this girl.

With shifty eyes "Well, what did you see with me Alice?" she asked intersted but still a little taken back on what the girl had said.

Alice looked at the girl and could see her skepticism. How was she to explain this to her. "Well, my premonitions aren't that specific unfortunately. But I what I did see was you surrounded by darkness and....death." She hoped this didn't freak the girl out and send her running. She wish she could be more specific but her premonitions just didn't work that way.

Alice sat and waited for the girls reaction.

Anastasia had always been afraid of the fact of dying, it's never been an easy subject for her. "Wow...uhh, thats really scary.." Anastasia sat under the tree and thought for a moment..."I really don't know what to say.." she looked into Alice's eyes, genuinally freaked out.

Alice hoped she understood the seriousness of what she was saying and would be very careful today. "by the way" Alice added. "Could I know your name? I've never made a premonition like this before and it feels weird knowing these things and not knowing who you are."

At this point Anastasia was really freaked out and had to leave that area where this girl was.
"Uhh...my name is Anastasia. It's nice to meet you Alice, you seem like a very...sweet girl. And I hope to talk to you again soon, but not about this...I got to go..." Anastasia got up very quickly and booked it towards Hogsmeade. What was up with that girl? She let Alice's "premo..-whatever" roll off her shoulder...for she didn't feel like worrying about every step she takes. Not looking back after she got up, Anastasia walked quickly away from Alice, towards Hogsmeade. "....That girl was a trip.. :unsure: " she said aloud to herself, hoping Alice didn't follow her.

Alice hoped that the girl would be careful with the knowledge she had given her. But she wasn't sure she would. Alice thought about it and since her Potions class was over she decided to follow Anastastia, at a distance, to make sure she was okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back