After Lunch

Freya Heimdall

OOC First Name
Kim
Wand
Mahogany Wand 16" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Freya had enjoyed her lunch and her conversation with the new nurse. He was a charming chap and she had liked the adult conversation. With still some time to spare before she made her patrols she decided to have a wander around the new garden. It was a beautiful Autumn day and the air was still warm and fragrant with the last of the summer flowers.

Sitting on a garden bench under a rose arbor Freya took out her Journal and wrote down some thoughts. She had to remember to write back to Njord and she had to remember to send a thank you to put together the lessons for next week, and finally she had to write to her parents and see how her mother was doing since her fall last week.

Freya took a deep breath of air and thought how perfect the day was.

Bellatrix for once, actually decided to wander through the garden. She had never had any desire to come to such a peaceful place but for some reason the idea sounded lovely. She slowly wandered through, her robes swishing at her black boots, as she stopped to pick a rose, pricking her pale fingers against its thrones and watching the red blood slowly color her hand. She had no problem with blood, as truly shown in recent events, she almost found comfort in it. Then taking a few steps forward leaving a nice blood dropped trail, she saw Professor Heimdall and jumped back, with a light twitch, making her presence very obvious.

Freya was snapped out of her daze by the sound of foliage being disturbed. She looked around but did not immediately see anyone. Assuming it was a bird or another animal in the garden she went back to thinking. This time about the note she had received in her office. That note disturbed her quite a bit and she wasn't really sure what she could do about it. She had no idea who had written it or who had delivered it. Had her years of deception finally caught up with her?

Bellatrix stealthilly approached the Professor, saying nothing, and leaving her light trail of blood, she stared at the woman. Her cold eyes giving away no emotion. She waited, knowing she knew much that this woman did not.

Turning around at another sound Freya saw one of her students standing nearby. "Miss Green? You startled me, how are you today? Are you out enjoying this beautiful day?" Freya smiled as she spoke, feeling almost a little foolish at being startled by a school girl.

"Hmmmm....startled you...." she said in a smooth sly voice mimicking her. "And....I guess...." She replied softly to the pointless questions, approaching closer till she was next to the Professor, leaving her light trail of blood; the rose still clenched in her hand.

Freya noticed the blood dripping from the girls hand and her obliviousness to it. "Miss Green, your hand, your bleeding. We should get you to the Nurse." Freya said standing up and reaching for the student.

"No..." Bellatrix responded swiftly. "It is fine, just a thorne...." she said with a slight sneer etching across her face.

Freya reached into her robes and withdrew a hankerchift. With an attempt to give it to the bleeding student Freya looked at the girl with concern. "Miss Green, are you alright? You seem upset or rather angry about something. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Bellatrix of course made no effort to take the handkerchief, but merely shrugged letting the blood pool down a bit quicker. "Angry? No....not angry....I don't have a reason to be....not yet at least.... And you have done plenty already....there is nothing specific.....now that I need you for." she said slyly taking another step closer to her 'prey.'

Freya gave the girl a perplexing look. "What is any of that supposed to mean Miss Green? You are acting awfully strange today." Freya said and thought, stranger then usual.

"It means nothing....though I do hope things have been going well for you Professor...no...personal problems I presume?"

Freya smiled at the girl, though she was still wary of her behavior, "Things are going well for me Miss Green, thank you for asking." Freya sat back down on the bench. "Will you join me Miss Green." Freya remembered the incident in the Great Hall and wondered if Professor Manteia had put her in this strange mood.

"Yesss......" Bellatrix said in a smooth voice. "I think I will....thank you...." She said and swiftly moving towards the Professor and taking a seat next to her on the bench, throwing the rose off into the path, letting the blood clot upon her hand.

Freya eyed the girl curiously. "So tell me Miss Green, how are your classes going so far this year? Are you keeping busy?" Freya tried to lighten the situation as it was apparent that the girl was in a very strange mood.

"No, I have not been able to participate in my classes this year...not yet at least. I am in the process of....a behavioral class with Professor Manteia, and once completing his course, will I be able to continue with my normal classes."

"hmmm, yes I saw what you and Miss Pertho did in the Great Hall. Why would you do such a thing Miss Green? You are such a bright and intelligent girl, I find it so hard to believe that underneath all I see is someone with such hate in their heart." Freya eyed the girl with concern and hope that she had not placed too belief in a girl that didn't deserve it.

"My views are very lost within me....I have not be able to make the distinction between the views of my parents....and my own judgement that is 'right.' I have...begun to learn though, that my parents views were very...faulty....though....when certain opportunities come into play, I cannot help but revert back to them.... I did what I did in the Great Hall because I knew that was what my parents would have....been proud of....thus because they are gone...and always will be....I have not been able to move on as quickly.... I live in the past...thats where I get all my strength....I am afraid to cope with the future...you give me too much credit Professor...that I do not deserve..." Bellatrix responded softly.

Freya felt such compassion for this girl. She understood a little of what it must be like to grow up with out both parents. Her own son Njord lost his father and then she herself spent most of his youth traipsing around the world for the man who ended her husbands life.
"Miss Green, how old were you when you lost your parents?" she said quietly.

"Eight Years old. That is so young." Freya's face took on a look of pity, and kindness. She couldn't imagine loosing both your parents so young. "Miss Green, I can't imagine how you must feel but I would hope that your parents would want you to have fun and be free and enjoy your youth as long as you could. What you did and the thoughts and beliefs that you feel you must have are very grown up and should not be consuming you. You are young and should be having fun and making friends and going to dances and all that." Freya hoped she hadn't gone to far, but deep down she saw the potential this young witch had and hated to give up on her like so many others had.

"Yes..." she said softly. Then reacquiring her harsher tone she stated, "You talk as if you knew my parents...yet your assumption of them is quite wrong. My parents never cared about me, what I did...they did not bother to interact with my. Only if it was to teach me the dark arts...I have lost all want and opportunity to participate in such unimportant activities anyway..."

"Bella, you must know that not all relationships are as poisonous as what your parents taught you. I know I'm making a huge presumption here but I honestly believe you have inside you a strong and caring being. And that for all this outward rebelliousness you portray you are really just a young girl battling what she feels and what she has been taught." Freya braced herself at that point for an explosion but she wanted the girl to know that no matter what happened, Freya believed in her.

Bellatrix trembled at this, this woman could peer into her wounded soul...and acted as if...she truly cared.

"My dear, it's getting late and I must be going to class to now. But I want you to know if you ever need anything or you ever want to just talk....you can always come to me. I hope you know that." Freya looked at the girl with kindness and compassion and then stood to take her leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back