A Night of Normalcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Dunstan

OOC First Name
Carson
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring
Henry was waiting just outside the Yule Ball for Zazuka to arrive. He was more excited then nervous this time. He wasn't to excited on the idea of having all of Zazuka's friends there however, mainly because of the fact that he had never met the girls. When Henry's parents had heard that he had managed to invite a girl to yule ball and got very excited. They had even sent him a corsage to give to her. The idea embarrassed Henry imensly, he had insisted they were just going as friends but his parents wouldn't take no for an answer. Henry hoped it wouldn't take Zazuka much longer because soon the champions would be entering and starting off the ball.

Zazuka was excited as well. Her hair was pined up in a messy bun while her dress was a tribute to summer. Sheer and green to make the fact that it was high up in her legs less noticeable. Her purple heels tapped softly as she came down from Heidi's room. She seemed to know a lot about hair even though she claimed to know nothing. This could be because she didn't want to be picked on again. She didn't know why but Heidi seemed more like a target than Zazuka did and she ofter gave off an air of fragility.

Zazuka saw her date and smiled wide. Henry was adorable even though she held no interest in him as anything more than a friend. That's why she had agreed to come with him in the first place. Henry was her friend and ever so sweet to her. She knew that even if he liked her Henry would not force anything on her. Not like she would ever let anyone force anything on her again. She walked up to him through the crowd in front of the dining room and gave him a friendly hug. "Happy you didn't forget me." She said brightly.

Henry's breath was knocked out of him when he saw Zazuka. She looked stunning in her Yule Ball dress. Henry almost forgot how to move when she hugged him but soon remembered that he had control over his arms and hugged her back. "How could I ever forget you?" Henry asked with a small laugh. Henry pulled away from her hug and looked down at the daisy corsage in his hand, "Oh um this is for you, when I asked my parents to send me something to wear they got a little excited..." Henry said looking down at the floor embarrassedly. Henry would understand if she didn't accept it, they were only friends after all no matter how Henry wished they could be more.

Zazuka looked down as a soft blush reached her cheeks. "Your the sweetest Henry." She said almost shyley then looked at the daisy. She took it and put it on her left wrist. "Tell your parents that I loved it. Thank you." She said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She should have felt horreble for it but she really did like Henry even if it was just as a friend. If only she had met him sooner. Then she realised that fate had not wanted them to meet sooner or for her to have more feelings for him than it was wise. Dispite all they had done to her Zazuka trusted Fate and thier judgements.

Zazuka took a hold of Henry's arm and looked towards the champions. "Come on the champions are about to walk in." She said brightly. She wanted this night to go right. She really did hope that nothing went wrong this night because there was just so much on her mind lately. Zazuka didn't know what it was but there was something buzzing around in her mind longer than most things stuck around in there.

Henry was extremely relived when Zazuka accepted the daisy, at least now he could relax a little more. Henry however was not prepared for what happened next, Zazuka actually kissed him! Henry didn't care that it was on the cheek he was left completely dumb founded. He just stood there with his heart beating at the speed of light with a light blush covering his freckled cheeks. Henry didn't really comprehend Zazuka's words when she first started but soon he understood that it was about to start soon so he just nodded and followed her into the ball. Henry watched as the Champions started off the Yule Ball with there dates and soon more people followed their lead. "Zazuka, would you care to dance?" Henry asked in a very gentlemanly manner.

Zazuka started to laugh on the inside. She didn’t know what had gotten into her but the fact that she could stick a boy dumb like this made her giggle. Zazuka never thought herself as very pretty before but then it seemed like one morning she caught a good look at herself in the mirror and somehow knew she had changed from a scrawny, too thin, fuzzy headed girl into something that made heads turn. Not that she was interested in playing with Henry. He was nice and she wanted to be nice back.

“Of course I will dance with you Henry.” She said her voice extra dreamy. She took his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor. She took in how far Beauxbatons went to dream up something wonderful. “Dream a little dream of me.” She whispered under her breath. Who it was meant for she would never tell. “Whatever happens tonight we will have fun ok?” She asked Henry with a wide smile on her face.

Henry lead Zazuka out onto the dance floor and placed one hand on his waist and the other on her shoulder. Henry had to admit this was the first time he had ever danced with a girl and he actually had no idea what he was doing. Henry could have sworn he heard Zazuka whisper something but decided he was just hearing things. Henry gave Zazuka a smile when she suggested they just have fun, "What ever you want mademoiselle" Henry replied quietly. Henry's heart beat was picking up each second he continued to dance, he was started to get scared his heart might actually jump out of his chest if he kept this up. Why does she hold such a power over me? Henry wondered.

Zazuka put both arms around Henry's neck and giggled softly. "Your doing great." She said brightly. Zazuka let her mind run away with the music. She could tell thought that he was nurvace because she could almost hear his heart hammering. Zazuka could not help but love it. She had done that to him. She didn't want to fall into that sort of vanity but she couldn't help it. "You should come out with me when the rains come. I love to dance in the first storm of the season." She said as her voice trailed a little she thought of how she hadn't dared dance in the rain and how she would love to do it now. Then again it was nice just dancing with Henry.

Henry had to admit he was actually having allot of fun dancing with Zazuka, and it was much less awkward then he had imagined it. Henry smile returned when Zazuka complemented him, "Thanks, your doing pretty well yourself" Henry replied turning his eyes towards his feet making sure he wouldn't step on her. Henry liked the idea of dancing in the rain with Zazuka, it sounded romantic. Henry didn't even mind the fact that his clothes would get ruined. Wait what? Henry stood still for a moment, he had never cared about someone so much before that his clothes didn't matter(Except his family of course). Henry was just realizing now the full extent of his feelings for the wonderful girl he was dancing with. "Sorry" Henry mumbled before continued dancing.

Zazuka let the beat, slow and steady, start to guide her through the dance floor. She followed Henry where ever he led her as well. She loved to dance and the company that she was keeping. Henry was warm around her more like a blanket that a child would keep. She had known one other person that made her feel safe like this and he was getting married soon. She smiled up at Henry as the beat of the music got faster. “I learned to dance while looking in the window of a dance studio when I was younger.” She said as she grabbed his hands.

Henry grew a little more comfortable as the speed of the music changed to a dance song. Henry wondered why Zazuka's parents had never signed her up for dance lessons if she had shown so much of an interest as to watch a class from outside, "Why didn't you ask your parents to sign up?" Henry asked as he held Zazuka's hands in his own and continued dancing. His parents were always trying to sign him up for things like sports, usually though Henry wasn't all that interested in them and just chose to sit on the sidelines and read his books.

Zazuka thought a bit, wondering if he would believe her if she told him but she had grown to trust Henry. Only her friends knew of her past really. “My mother would never do anything that went against my father’s wishes. By the time that I found out that I liked dancing my father had made it quite clear that he wanted nothing more than for me to die. I think also at that time I had been saved by muggle doctors for the second time. Not the same hospital of course. By that time I was too afraid to ask.” She said a bit too calmly. Zazuka had long since gotten over the horrors of her childhood. They had nothing to do with her now except of course what happened with her little sister. It was because of her father that she never really set foot in the Muggle world anymore unless it was with another person.

Henry stopped dancing while Zazuka was talking. How could she talk about a childhood like that so calmly? No one deserved to be treated that way, even more so a little girl! Henry wished he knew Zazuka when they were children, there was no way his parents would have let that carry on, his mother was in law. "I-I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked" Henry mumbled. Henry continued dancing but couldn't shake the image of a young Zazuka hurt and unloved out of his mind. Henry had never realized before just how sheltered his life was, he had no idea what went on in the world. "Would you like something to drink?" Henry offered.

Seeing how much she had impacted Henry Zazuka sighed. She had suffered when she was younger but the pain that she had been made to go through as a child had been dulled by the love she had experienced in the Paramore household, by her friends, by Brian. Only the year before had she been reminded of what she had left behind but she had gained something from the experience, a little sister who had just turned six and was so cute you want nothing more than to cuddle her.

“It’s alright Henry, it was a long time ago. My father was a squib, born without magic to a father was all magic, by the time he found out who his father was and what he was he was well versed in a religion that told him magic was evil. There are times when I don’t even think he saw me as his daughter. But everything is alright now. I don’t see my father anymore.” She said looking up. After everything he had done to her and Epiphany all Zazuka could do pity the man. “Of course and something to eat. I’m a bit hungry too.” She said with the brightest smile on her face. Zazuka never let her past upset her. Not when there where things in the future that where far worse.

Henry hated the way Zazuka acted like he was over reacting, if anything he felt she was under reacting. Henry however would not bring it up again because he could tell Zazuka didn't want to talk about it. The Beauxbatons boy smiled when Zazuka smiled her sunny smile, he could look at her smile forever and it could never dull for him. Nodding to her reply Henry took Zazuka's hand and led her to the refreshment table. Henry himself grabbed a butter beer not sure what Zazuka would like, probably the item with the highest sugar content. "So Ms. Bones, are you having fun tonight?" Henry asked.

(I'll be leaving tomorrow until Wednesday; Do you wanna wrap this up?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back