A fellow seveth year

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka was practicing her magic the only way she knew how, by actually doing it. Zazuka was also having fun with it by enchanting the dolls that she had made for Epiphany. Her birthday was coming up soon and after what had happened to her not too long ago she was hoping to put some of the sunshine back into the little girl's smile. Zazuka had her wand out in a way that it looked like she was conducting an orchestra while listening to one of her favorite songs called "The Butterfly".

As her wand moved the dolls stood and started to dance or play as if she had actually cast invisible strings on the little things. One with pink hair was plucking at a guitar while one with blue hair was seemed to be playing the violin quite well. It was all coming from her magic music device but still it seemed like an impressive show. Zazuka smiled soft as she watched her dolls move so well. There where still times when she got the spell wrong but the animation spell had become her specialty. Zazuka knew that this was not going to get her a good grade on her N.E.W.Ts but it was infantly more fun than the work she had left to do.

Serena had apparently picked up her sisters bad habit of aimlessly wandering the corridors of Hogwarts New Zealand. It wasn't like there was much else to do around the school and even though Kat had always raved about how terrific being roommates with Andy really was, the blonde wasn't feeling to much love radiating from the red-haired she devil. In fact Andromeda hadn't exactly gone out of her way to make Serena feel welcome, but it was no matter...she only had to share a room with her for another term and then she'd never have to see the girl if she so wished. Pushing that thought from her mind the seventh year continued lurking down the second floor corridor when she heard singing. Stopping abruptly she poked her head inside what appeared to be an abandoned classroom. What she saw dwelling within made her grin from ear to ear. The Head Girl had apparently magicked several dolls into what seemed like a tiny little band. Catching the other girls eye she said, "I freaking love magic. Don't you?"

Zazuka nodded. "Especially when it's the magic of creation." She said making a red headed doll spin as a male doll held her tiny hand. This was meant to mean something but at the moment Zazuka couldn't be bothered to see what. Zazuka looked up from what she was doing to see Serena Vanderhol. She had seen the girl a couple of times in class but other than that Zazuka had never really talked to her. "Hello there. Wondering around I suppose." She said with a bright sunshine smile on her face. The two dolls kept dancing to the beat coming from magic music device even though Zazuka wasn't pointing the wand at them any more. "These are for my little sister by the way. She'll give them a run for their magic but that's what I made them for." She said laughing a bit.

Serena ventured further into the room to get a better look at what it was that was going on. She'd always been a naturally curious person, but she did come by it honestly. Nodding the blonde replied, "Yeah, pretty much. Not much else going on today so I figured what the heck...might as well see what's lurking around the castle." Rena inspected the dolls more closely, gently touching a few of them, making her giggle slightly. Turning to Zazuka she said, "Oh now you don't have to lie to me...I can keep a secret. Heck I still have my own dolls that I enchant from time to time to march around the dorm. I don't think that thrills my roommate too much, but well...can't please everyone now can we?" She was half joking of course...she did still have her old dolls packed away, but she didn't get them out to pester Andy with. Though that might not be a half bad idea she thought with a smirk, but then instantly felt guilty. The red-head was, afterall, one of Harrison's very close friends and Kat's best friend. It still irked Serena to no living end that Andromeda seemed to highly dislike her, but the part that really bugged her was she didn't even know why. Turning her attention back to the fun filled room she asked, "So which spell is that you're using?"

Zazuka had found this classroom on one of her own wonderings. She would suppose that it would not be long before others started to use the classroom as well but for now she would use it to study as she much as she could. Or just have fun like this. "Oh I promise if you do that you will never be bored. My friends and I once tried to organize an expedition to find the room of requirement. Never really found it but we did find a few good shortcuts here and there." She said her smile wide and shining. Never mind that the trips reminded her of her time alone with Brian.

Zazuka laughed at what Serena said next. "Well I do like to play with the gifts I give my little sister first but I have my own toys." She said jokingly. A toy for Zazuka was a puzzle or something like that. Something that challenged her. What she was doing now was a challenge as well but a different kind. "I'm using a form of Animare. I've been tweaking that spell for some time now." She said smiling wide. If Zazuka had a right to be proud of anything it was of her animation spells. "Can I ask who your room mate is?" She asked while tilting her head. She had never known a Gryffendor to be unpleasant especially her best friend Andy. She had been a right social butterfly once upon a time.

"Sounds like a fun trip to have taken around the castle," Serena said, envy barely noticeable in her tone. She'd wished that her parents would have let her come back to school sooner than they had...she'd missed so much by not being here with people her own age.

So the Head Girl liked to tweak spells...definitely a Ravenclaw then. Serena admired the fervor they held for scholastics. She herself would have rather been tethered to a broomstick playing quidditch twenty four hours a day. When asked who her roommate was she quickly said, "And..." Her voice trailed off slightly before realizing that Andy may have been a friend of the girl she was conversing with and the last thing she wanted to do was offend her. "Just my sister's old roommate. Apparently I'm not as loveable as Katalina is or something to that effect. Anyways I just don't think she cares for me much is all."

Zazuka could feel a bit of what was coming from Serena. She was very new here after all and she hoped to make things more comfortable for her if she could. "Don't worry there're still many things that can be done before we have to leave the school forever." She said with a bit of sadness in her voice. Hogwarts after all had been her home for seven years. Then again she did have a bit of her life planned out. She had saved a bit of the money that she had been getting from Ollivanders and she could afford a small flat for herself and her little sister.

Zazuka listened to Serena carefully then gathered what she had been trying to say. "Andromeda if I'm not mistaken." She said in a gentle tone. Zazuka had remembered that the older Gryffendor graduate had been room mates with Andy along with four other girls. She had always been a bit jealous of the closeness of that dorm but still it seemed to be unavoidable. "Andy takes some getting used to these days." She said as she remembered that her friend had changed somewhat. Not completely towards her but still. Being around Andy was starting to get a bit toxic.

Serena's face fell slightly as she realized that Zazuka, too, must have been friends with Andy. "I'm not sure if she just doesn't like me or what, but she's not exactly going out of her way to be friendly towards me or make me feel welcome. I think my sister thought that we'd get on just swimmingly the way the two of them always had, but that's so not the case," she said shrugging her shoulders. The blonde sort of hated it because Andromeda's unkindness was the reason that she hadn't gone out for the Gryffindor quidditch team this year. "How long have the two of you been friends?"

Zazuka listened to Serena and couldn't help but think Andy what are you doing? She had once been a kind girl that would never want anyone to go through the unwelcome felling that she did at Drumstrang. The pure prejudice that she had. Zazuka let that be though. She didn't want to tell too much about what her friend might have been going through. "Again Andy needed some getting used these days." She said with a sigh but left it at that.

The subject turned to how long Andy had been friends with Zazuka and she bit her lip. "Andy has been my best friend since before we where in first year." She said closing her eyes. It was starting to hurt her, the path that her friend chose but again there was nothing that she could do about it. It was Andy's choice. "Anyway I would think that much like the sister you where talking about you would be up in the skys playing for the Quidditch team." She said with a kind smile. She hoped to change the subject.

Serena was grateful for the change in subject because thinking of Andy just ticked her off even more most of the time. With a slight shrug of her shoulders she said, "I'm no where near as good as Kat is at quidditch. She got all the talent on that end of the spectrum, plus I didn't want to horn in on the others that have been on the team longer." It was partially true, the seventh year wasn't sure how tight the bonds on the team already were and for another thing she didn't want to constantly be compared to her older sister. "So do you play for your house team?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back