OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual) (Yvonne
If there was one thing Kitty was certain about, it was that the next year of her life was going to be a very interesting one. One way or another, the election was going to change her professional life dramatically, and she needed to be prepared for any eventualities. She had been researching and writing until her hands were numb, and a break had become absolutely necessary. With a painfully loud crunching of her spine she had pulled herself away from her desk and decided to drop in to Madam Malkin's. Being presentable was going to be a crucial part of the next year, which meant more new robes than her bank account wanted to think about.

The fitting had taken what felt like forever, but at last Kitty had some custom robes being worked on, and that was one more thing she could cross off her endless to-do list. "Cheers!" She called out as she walked out the door of the shop. "I'll be back in on Thursday!" She added before letting the door swing closed and letting out a loud sigh of relief. Tonight was her evening off work, and after the day she had had, Kitty needed a drink. She double checked her to-do list, making sure there wasn't anything else she needed to handle in Brightstone before getting profoundly drunk at the Hog's Head, and letting herself forget all about trade laws for the rest of the evening.

Yvonne had become quite fond of Brightstone and the quaint shops that made her think of home, if she squinted hard enough. But more than that it was a nice escape from the castle and the constant buzzing of students. She loved them. She really did, most of the time. But even professors needed a break from the books. She had come this particular evening to run a few errands and maybe grab a drink before it was back to grading. But when she heard a familiar voice she stopped in her tracks and tried to place it.

It was so familiar and it was driving her crazy as she searched for it. Finally it clicked and she whirled around to try and find where it had come from. Thankfully it as a quite night in Brightstone and there weren't many people around. With an over eagerness she didn't usually possess she approached the only other woman around her age on the street. "Are you Kitty van Zijl?" she asked, more as an accusation than a question. "I listen to your show all the time." Yvonne added with more excitement than she meant to in an attempted to make sure she came off as friendly. She wanted to explain she wasn't some kind of crazed super fan or anything like that but she realized that any more explanation at this point would probably do more harm than good.

Though there wasn't all that much celebrity in radio work, Kitty wasn't exactly unaccustomed to being recognised in public. It always felt strange though, the reminder that there were thousands of people out there who knew her, despite her never having met them. She chuckled lightly when the woman mentioned her by name, pulling a cheesy smile. "Caught me." Kitty joked, unable to help staring slightly. If the woman hadn't approached her first, Kitty would have thought of her as the kind of unapproachable woman she only ever daydreamed about talking with. But now... "Glad you like the show!" She said cheerfully, eager to keep the conversation going. "Unless you've been hate-listening. Then I'm glad you hate the show." She added with a cheeky wink.

Yvonne let out a breathy laugh as Kitty winked at her. "Well it's nice to put a face to the voice." she said sincerely. "And no, not hate listening. At least not yet." she said playfully and shot the other woman a mischievous look. There was always time for opinions to shift but currently the radio show was one of the bright spots of her day. "It can get real quiet up in the tower and a friendly voice helps." Yvonne added but quickly realized how odd that statement sounded. "Oh, uh. I'm a professor. At Hogwarts and my classroom is up in one of the towers. I'm not like, locked up in a tower on a regular basis." she explained quickly despite her growing embarrassment. "My name is Yvonne." she said, her face still feeling warm as she held out her hand to shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back