Sneaking around

Garett Black

iguana-closeup.jpg

Up the winding staircases of the towers the Death Eater walked, assuming human form within the shadows. As an Animagus, he had been able to slip through the Hogwarts New Zealand gates. Being a tropical green lizard had made navigating the school slow paced for him, but eventually he had found the entrance to Ravenclaw House. He paced around the towers for awhile, flicking his tongue and awaiting the perfect moment. Garett Black was a perfectionist, and therefore had the time to wait.

He took his chance when a first year boy dressed in Ravenclaw robes strutted down the corridor, carrying an armful of books that looked to be heavier than him. Upon seeing the lizard at his feet, he exclaimed, “Aw, cool!” Garett flicked his tongue, his fluid acid green body seeming to jump in delight.

“Woh, are you someone’s pet?” the boy said. The lizard simply looked at him, and when he bent over to pick up his books, Garett scaled the boy’s scrawny arm and rested on his shoulders, his skinny tail grazing the boy’s neck.

Laughing, the boy exclaimed, “Well, I guess I can take care of you until we find your owner. I bet they miss you.”

Stupid boy, Garett thought. As if I’d ever be someone’s damn pet.

The boy walked up to the Ravenclaw House entrance, uttering the password. It was all Garett could ask for. Seemingly startled, he leapt from the boy’s shoulders and onto the cold stone, speeding through the school for the lawn. Having carried out the favor asked of him, he left Hogwarts promptly, although his own schemations were in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back