OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Professor King entered the great hall for some breakfast and took a seat at the Professor's table. On his plate he put a few breakfast sausages, some French toast, and a generous amount of maple syrup. Half way through his meal Nike, his owl, swooped down, dropped a rolled up news paper and a single letter before flying back up and out of the great hall once again. Putting down his utensils he decided it would be best to read The Daily Prophet first, as Nike only delivered one to him when major ministry news was in it. He looked at the front page and his brow furrowed. He was the front page. He and the minister that is; but he being front page centre. The article of the title was not endearing at all and the contents even less so. He had failed his first and only assignment thus far as an Auror, he had been told by his superiors it would be highly unlikely he would go unnoticed for even a year, but he had expected otherwise, he had expected to never be discovered. He gulped, the turned to the letter, the cursive hand on it read, 'From the desk of the Minister for Magic.' he frowned even more so at this. What was he going to do? What would the minister say? Would he force him to leave the school? He couldn't, could he? He was the Minister of Magic. No. Professor King wouldn't leave the school now even on a direct order from the Minister. He decided the letter would be best to read later, so he tucked it away in the newspaper and turned back to his breakfast all the while wondering what his colleagues would think of him now and even more so, how his students could possibly view him.

Maddiie had just finished reading the paper. This explain everything, the way he was, the way he acted. He was just trying to protect us all along. She stood up from her table and made her way towards Professor King. She stop right in front of him, feeling a little lost of words.

"Hey Professor." she simply said.

Andromeda read the prophet religiously, mainly for the weather report and local news but she gasped when she read the article about Professor King. She looked up from her table and saw him sitting at his, trying to eat his breakfast. Another girl had stopped by his table.
Andromeda smiled, this was possibly the coolest thing on the entire planet. She had honestly expected her time at school to be full of hard graft and no real excitement..but this! A real actual auror in their midst.
She couldn't help it, it had to be done. She walked over to his table and cleared her throat, not wanting to interrupt.
"Sir..."goodness, now that she was here what should she say, "I don't care what the paper says that our parents would be outraged. I'm feel alot safer knowing we have an auror here. It's an honour sir!" with that she nodded her head at him and walked back to her table.

Jayne was sitting eating breakfast while reading the Daily Prophet. Immediately her attention was drawn to the article on the front page about none other than their very own Professor King.

Jayne frowned as she reached the end of the article 'why on earth should there be concerns?' she thought. 'He's a great teacher and surely that should be what counts and it's not as if he's secretly a Death Eater'

Jayne watched as a couple of the students walked up to the professor wondering why they were drawing more attention to him in front of everyone.

Professor King looked up from his breakfast, "Morning Ms. Hollawarth." he began slowly as another girl approached him, "Ms. Fiorelli" he continued with a nod of acknowledgment, as Andromeda said her piece then went back to her table Professor King became uneasy, how many students read the prophet?

"I'm sorry Professor. I understand now." she finally said. Ignoring everyone around her. She felt her face get red all of a sudden."And I don't care what they say about you." she added.

"Understand what?" Professor King inquired, utterly perplexed as to what Maddiie was talking about. Though maybe on a better day at a better time he would have understood, btu that was not to be expected of him today at all.

"Well what you was saying to me. That I should not worry about the safety of the students." she hoped he understood, if not she was making herself see uncomfortable.

"Ms. Hollawarth, you not fearing for the other students would be advice I would give you no matter what I was." Professor King stated, "The Headmistress and all the other professors are just as, if not more capable than I am to protect you all." 'And Maybe the prophet is right, maybe I put you all in danger' he thought.

"I know professor, but still I want to apologize. Even if you are one of those or not." she said giving him a small smile. Even if they never meet eye to eye Maddiie still respect, even after the whole episode.

"Well, thank you for that, then ... I suppose" Professor King stated hesitantly, turning now back to his breakfast which the house elves had done an excellent job of preparing that morning, he probably would have enjoyed them all the more had the day started in better circumstances.

Cecily came into the Great Hall, her step light and her smile readily on her face for anyone she looked at. The day had dawned beautifully and she was ready to start it right. With a sugar filled coffee and a mountain of pancakes. She sat down a few seats from Nicolas, smiling shyly in his direction. She also noticed quite a few students standing in front of him.
She had filled her plate and was drinking her coffee when a delivery owl dropped off her morning paper. She paid it and gave it a nibble of her pancakes before it flew away. She unfurled the paper and the front page leaped at her, making her heart feel as though it'd stop and her stomach clench. She read through the entire article, each word cutting her deeper and deeper. Slowly, she raised her head and looked at Nicolas. He'd lied to her! Knowing every awful thing she'd gone though with her ex husband, who'd been an Auror!
When her eyes collided with his, she slammed down her paper, slowly got up and walked from the hall.

Professor King had looked at Cecily as she entered the hall and frowned. This was how it would begin he supposed. He let her read the article and then she glared at him before leaving the hall. Professor King rose abruptly, "Ms. Hollawrth, you must excuse me, I have something that needs attending to." he then swiftly followed Cecily out of the hall.

(((The Next RP)))

Maddiie nodded, than went back to the hufflepuff table. She smiled as she ate a little of her breakfast, than got up to go to her classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back