Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
onyx <3
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Pear Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Jamie had really though that this would be easy. That they would just turn up more or less and get a child, but it wasn't. It was a hard process and so many of the kids just were not clicking with them. He didn't know why, but the frustration over the process, had led them to decide to try a different avenue too, try to increase the chances. Jamie had insisted that they go out, that they treat Sapphire to a nice lunch, time away from the chaos of her life, and ask her. He turned to his husband and smiled easily. "You know, if Sapphire says no, I have sisters we could also ask," he wasn't sure his own sisters would say yes, but it wouldn't hurt to pursue all avenues before giving up. He had picked a nice place, a good view, good food and it was busy enough to not have others hear the conversation but not overwhelming loud that they'd have to shout.

Onyx was nervous. He had always known this was going to be difficult, but he hadn't realized just how bad it could be. He let Jamie lead him into the restaurant, twisting his hands and chewing on his lip. "Mhmm," He answered absentmindedly, feeling uneasy. What if she got mad at him? What if she said no? What if Jamie's sisters said no, too? Onyx took a deep breath, trying to keep himself from spiralling.

Jamie glanced at his husband, noting the nervousness clear as day on his face. He lead him to sit down and then went immediately next to him. He put an arm around his shoulder once settled and then smiled. "It'll be okay baby," he assured him. Of course there was no way to actually guarantee it, no way to be sure, if Sapphire and his sister's said no, they would have to respect it. "We have other options,"

Onyx let out a shaky sigh, leaning into Jamie as they settled and shutting his eyes. He let out a deep breath, trying to relax. "I know," He murmured, shutting his eyes. "I know. I just... I can't get my heart to settle." He admitted gently, trying to focus on his breathing.

Jamie held Onyx as closely as he could in this public setting. He nodded in agreement. He reached out and went to put his hand on Onyx's chest. Trying to do this to help him breath and settle a little but knew that it was going to be difficult. He knew that until they had an answer it was just going to be hard, and an unknown they could not control. "it's gonna be okay, baby," he assured him.

Onyx took deep breaths, putting a hand over Jamie's on his chest and feeling his shoulders relaxing. "You're right, I know you're right," He offered gently, feeling his heart shift from pounding so hard it hurt to a slightly faster but much more manageable rate. He opened his eyes, smiling shyly up at his husband. "Je t'aime, mon chiot," He murmured, squeezing Jamie's hand gently.

Jamie just held him close. Holding and letting him relax againt him. He knew this was a lot, and that it was nerve wracking and stressful. But they just were at the beginning. "I love you too," he said fondly. He squeezed the man tightly, and went in to kiss his cheek.

Sapphire was running a bit late; the twins were being fussy, but she'd left them with Ember and finally gotten out the door. She walked into the restaurant, finding the boys all lovey-dovey, as per usual. She smirked and walked over, falling in next to them. "What'd you do this time, Nyxy?" She questioned with a small smirk. "Every time you have that look you're up to something." She teased, tossing Jamie a wink. "Go on, out with it."

Onyx relaxed when Jamie kissed his cheek, smiling and leaning into it. He hummed softly, but before he could say anything, Sapphire was there. He jumped out of his skin, looking at her with wide eyes. "I- it- you-" He swallowed hard, before taking a deep breath. "I don't wanna ask yet, can't I buy you lunch first?" He gave her a shaky smile, slipping his hand over Jamie's knee and squeezing gently.

Jamie smiled as Sapphire appeared and he gave a little smile. He squeezed Onyx's leg and then glanced back at Sapphire. "I can ask?" he suggested softly to his husband. He wasn't sure if Onyx needed to be the one asking but knew he absolutely could jump in and be the one to do so. He knew from experience that Sapphire was straight laced and preferred someone being direct with her. "We have a rather big question, so it's also fine if we want to have something to eat before we ask it," he added with a little smile.

Sapphire raised a brow. A reaction like that and it was bound to be something major. She grew more serious, and leant in, stealing her brothers hand. "Come on, Nyxy, deep breaths." She looked to Jamie. "Out with it then, pretty boy," She gave them both a soft smile. "Before the kitten explodes," She teased.

Onyx swallowed hard. Sapphire had never been one to beat around the bush. He took deep breaths, leaning into Jamie and glancing nervously between the two of them. "I mean, it's-" He stammered a little, before taking a deep breath and deflating. "Yeah, okay," He offered gently, leaning more heavily into Jamie and staring at his hand on Jamie's knee.

Jamie knew Sapphire appreciated the directed-ness, and there was no sense in beating around the bush. He glanced at Onyx and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before looking back at Sapphire. "Onyx and I are looking to start a family, we've filed to adopt but are having…issues with it," Jamie said. "Now, we know what we're about to ask is…massive…and we understand if the answer is no, and nothing will change between us if it is but would you be interested in being our surrogate?" Jamie asked with a little nervous expression.

Sapphire listened to the boys, looking between them. She sipped on her drink, letting a moment of serious silence pass between them. Mostly just to tease Onyx. "Well," She stated slowly, looking into her drink before looking up to them. She gave a coy smile. "I'd say getting his head caved in like a dummy was pretty serious too." She offered out a hand for Onyx.

"I suppoooooose I wouldn't mind being another pregnancy. Go ahead and set up some appointment or something- Onyx and I are basically the same person so we can probably just grab some pretty boy dna and get a fairly accurate mix," She looked between them. "I wonder what will win out- blue eyes, obviously, but will they be our brand of bright blue or his stormy blue?" She smirked. "Maybe we'll get that light sandy mop or we'll get our dark locks," She mused, propping her chin in her hands. "Should we take bets?"

Onyx couldn't even look at his sister- his heart felt like it was in his throat. But then- she agreed. He was quiet a moment, stunned, before letting out a choked laugh, looking up at her with tears in the corners of his eyes. He was shaking, his hand squeezing Jamie's knees perhaps a bit to hard. He wanted to joke with her, but he felt like a mess. He leant back in his seat a bit, trying to take a deep breath. He felt overwhelmed- there was too much going on, why had they done this in public? "Excuse me," He managed to choke out, pushing himself up and making his way- somehow- to the mens room on shaky legs, managing to keep a straight face. He stepped into the room, thankfully empty, and almost collapsed against the wall, clutching at his shirt and trying to push himself together.

Jamie hadn't expected Sapphire to agree so readily, he had had more in his head, more he could've said, things offered or suggested but she agreed near immediately and then was already making jokes. He glanced at his husband a bit in disbelief, who appeared to need some air, he watched him leave and then turned back to Sapphire. "You are wonderful for agreeing, but I'm just going to check on him," he told her, before following Onyx into the bathroom. "Baby?" he called out softly, gently approaching and reaching for him.

Sapphire wasn't surprised when Onyx excused himself, or when Jamie followed after him. She chuckled, sitting back and sipping on her drink. She'd let Uncle James know when she picked up the twins to expect at least one more baby running around eventually.

Onyx turned blindly when he heard his husbands' voice, falling into the man. He clutched tightly at the mans shirt, burying his face in Jamie's chest. He knew he was shaking, that he was gasping. It sounded hollow in his ears, but he was stuggling to pull himself together. He heard himself vaguely apologizing, but he didn't remember deciding to do so. What was even happening? He just burrowed deeper into his husband, trying to will himself back into place.

Jamie wasn't entirely sure what was spurring on this reaction from Onyx. Perhaps it was happening too quickly. Perhaps the man had been prepared for far more heartache before they got it. It just turned out that Sapphire was kinder than they had both expected. he didn't speak, just moved his arms around his husband, trying to soothe and calm him, hoping that no one desperately needed the bathroom at this point. It might've in hindsight been better to do this at the house.

It took a little bit, but with the steady beating of Jamie's heart under his ear, he managed to calm himself down. "I'm sorry," He murmured, pulling away with a deep breath. "I'm okay, I think," He gave Jamie a shaky smile, though his hands were steadier now. "I don't know what happened... I just- it was all so much, suddenly... I couldn't take it," He took another deep breath, hands drifting to Jamie's hip. "I heard that right, didn't I? Sapphire agreed to surrogate for us?" He clarified, biting his lip a little harder than he meant to.

Jamie just waited, just letting Onyx calm down. He just shook his head, "Don't apologise," he said softly, and went to press a kiss to the man's lips. "It's okay to get overwhelmed," he reminded him and if there was any reason to be overwhelmed it was Sapphire and how easily she agreed. Especially knowing that it was something that Onyx had deeply wanted. "Yeah she did," he said. "One step closer to being dads," he said.

Onyx kissed back automatically, leaning into Jamie. His heart was thundering in his chest at everything that was going on. "She said yes," He whispered, leaning heavily into Jamie. "We're having a baby," He took a deep breath. Still shaking, he wrapped himself around Jamie's arm. "We should probably go buy her dinner or something," He let out a nervous laugh.

Jamie held Onyx close and nodded in agreement. the weight of the yes now upon him. It didn't mean immediately there was still a lot to figure out, but it did make their chances of being parents far more likely. "I think we'll buy her plenty of dinners," he said softly, leaning in to kiss his husband's cheek. But he didn't say anything else, just lingering in the embrace with his husband.

Onyx took a few deep breaths, just lingering in Jamie's embrace before pulling back and smiling shyly up at him. "We should probably go back out there," He tried to joke. "She's used to my dramatics but she's somehow still always playfully impatient," He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a bit embarrased now by his outburst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back