I Always Wished I Could Fly

Saria Kuang

OOC First Name
Cole/Coleness
Wand
Is it that wooden thing the teachers always take?
ID # 7321434
<i>
</i>

Saria was the model student in her parents eyes, and the teachers always gave her good grades. So why is it that she didn't feel good about it? Probably because of the lecture she got from the teacher that day, it bugged her so much. She wasn't right for the school, she couldn't preform the simplest spells. Saria knew that she could, she had a gut feeling that she was good at it. The teacher was full of crap! Saria was a good student, she knew she was. She just had trouble concentrating sometimes.

Saria had been so deep in her shallow thoughts, that she didn't realize where she was heading. And when she looked up from her plaid shoes, she knew she was lost. Being lost was one of Saria's greatest fears, so she neecded to find a way out. But how could she, when she didn't even know where she was?

Taking care of some business, he was walking down the bleak street with a moderate mood. On one hand, the muggles in the muggle world at Harvard where really irritating him because they wouldn't leave him alone. Other medical muggle students were asking Selwin for help and he had no time to help others. He was barely keeping up with his own studies. It was just really irritating for Selwin to deal with this, but this would only be for a few years until he can get his degree and be done with those filthy muggles.

He was walking at a pretty fast pace and well inside his own thoughts, he saw a girl deep in her thoughts as well. Selwin wondered what a young girl such as herself was doing on bleak street. She surely could not be a dark witch, she was young and looked like she attended a school of sort. Maybe Hogwarts, Durmstrang or another school. He walked up to he and said, "What are you doing here? You shouldn't be in this side." said Selwin warning the girl. It was true that there were a lot of stuff that could happen to her.

Saria may have hated being lost, but it was daylight out, she was colorful, and she had a smile on her face. So instead of panicking and being afraid, she walked along humming. She would only be afraid if it was dark out, that would definitely scare her. Or if someone just popped out of nowhere, like Genvieve had been doing since she had been certified to apparate. Saria didn't apparate a lot, it made her queasy and she hated to throw up on anyone's floor, or worse; her shoes. That's when Saria heard it. She had been walking putting heels to toes, when a voice broke into her humming. She turned around and saw him, a man. He had to be dangerous, right? No, he seemed concerned.

"I'm kind of lost." She said with a smile, her face lit up like a light bulb, and Saria didn't seem to notice. This man was taller then her, and he had a strange and scary face. But, Saria you couldn't judge books by their covers, Saria had learned that quickly. "Are you here to help me?" She asked with a smile.

((I'm sorry Hamza, I thought I had already posted in this. Guess not =( ))

There were a lot of things that could happen to her, especially her being young, she was more vulnerable to people doing bad things to her, such as a death eater can curse her, or she can get herself into a bad situation where she can even end up dying. This side was the dark side and those who didn't know how to handle themselves would end up either getting themselves in a lot of trouble, or even getting themselves killed. Selwin listened closely as the girl said she was lost and she gave him a smile. Selwin looking around to see if anyone was around the area spotting her and he could care less about the girl's smile.

Looking back at the girl, Selwin said, "Your lost? How did you even end up in this area? Don't you know this is the dangerous area?" Selwin very rarely gave advice to people for their own good. Selwin usually toyed with the minds of others and had fun, but for some reason, Selwin didn't want anything happening to her, nor was Selwin the mood for any fun right now. Selwin almost laughed on the inside when the girl said if he was here to help her. Truly, she seemed like an innocent girl, but he had encountered girl's before that seemed to be very innocent, but ended up being devil's. "No, I'm not here to help you. I just spotted you and wondered what you were doing here." said Selwin.

Her head tilted to the side, and her dark brown hair fell off her shoulders. Her smile never faded, even when he said that this place was dangerous. Though Saria could be very absent minded, she recognized danger when she saw it. "i don't know. i was down by obsidian, I wanted to buy something pretty for my sister! And I was thinking about how this teacher told me that I was stupid, I mean basically he did!" She pouted a bit. "And when I looked up from the ground, I was here!" She looked around. "So where did the sun go?" She asked, a bit cluelessly. Her big, black orbs darted around from behind her fake glasses. She looked into this mans eyes and studied him before frowning.

"So you aren't going to help me out of here?" She asked with a bit of a pout. How could someone be that mean. "Please mister, I'll even pay you for the help!" She offered. She needed to get home before Gen went on a rampage. She looked behind her and then her soulless looking eyes set back on him. Some people were creeped out by her eyes, they said that she was evil. Saria was so far from it though, she was probably the sweetest girl ever. She never took anything for granted, and always saw the good in someone. it was just who she was. It may have been part of her learning disability, Dissociative Amnesia, that made Saria such a caring and understanding, while slightly spacy person. However, she was a strong withch if there ever was one. And While She didn't know he had worried about her strength to handle herself, she thought about how she knew she could.

Selwin listened as the girl said she was down at the Harbour and was looking to buy things for her sister, and the next thing she noticed was she ended up here. Selwin has a chance to do so many evil things to this girl that she wouldn't even think of even in her dreams, but he wasn't in the mood to lead anyone astray right now. "I see." said Selwin reacting to her foolish behavior. "Are you not aware that your on the dark premises?" said Selwin. Selwin found this girl to be too innocent, or maybe she was just putting up a frowning face so she could keep herself save and was deceiving him. Selwin didn't have any intention of hurting the girl, but rather he might help her get out of this situation. Even Selwin was worried for the girl because if a dark wizard came who was more powerful than Selwin, than that would mean trouble for him and her.

"I suppose I can help you get out of here." said Selwin feeling bad for the girl. It wasn't often that he would feel pity for someone, but when he did, he would keep his promise and fulfill it. "I don't need money." said Selwin raising one of his eyebrows. "Offering me money? You just insulted me." said Selwin. He was offended because Selwin didn't take any sort of bribes or prizes for helping someone.

She knew that tone, it was either an uncaring tone, or he was looking down on her. Saria's big, black orbs pointed up at the man and she raised an eyebrow slightly. It wasn't like it was intentional, it was something she did around people who confused her. she did it very often around her sister. However, around Zac, her cousin, she never did. He seemed to make sense to her. He was the only one that got her for who she was. Not many people could tolerate her because of her disability, sometimes not even Gen could. So when she found someone that could she kept them close. "Dark premises?" She asked a bit confused. "You mean like... bad places?" She asked.

"Really?" She asked with a huge smile on her face. "Thank you so much mister, I'll repay you somehow!” She then frowned. He felt offended? Why would he feel offended. “I’m sorry.” Her face turned into a pout, and she looked at the ground, twisting one of her toes onto the ground in a nervous manner. “I didn’t mean to make you mad. I just thought that you weren’t going to help me…”

((Evil things? Why does that sound dirty to me?))

Seeing a confused face on the the girl's face when he talked about dark premises. It was really funny to Selwin as to how clueless younger people were these days and also a little daunting as well. Did students these days not care about their lives and start to wander off into place where they had no idea of what can happen to them? Did people these days not have common sense? It was a little frustrating for to see people be so careless these days. It really didn't matter too much to him, other than he would get to have fun watching people get tortured by other evil presences and watching people squirm, begging for mercy.

"Yes.. this isn't the best part of town for you to be in." said Selwin trying to warn the girl. People were so clueless these days as to where they should be and where they shouldn't be. "Yes.. I mean like bad places." said Selwin answering the girl's question. Looking at how cheered the girl was when he offered her to help her get out of this place but the smile soon disappeared when she put a pout on her face because she had insulted him. "Don't worry about it. Anyways, I think we should starting walking." said Selwin.

Saria's eyes suddenly shifted to the roof of a near by building and she smiled at the crow. They were beautiful creatures, she really liked birds, the way they were care free. They could touch the sky, the clouds; nothing was the limit to them. "you know, I always wished I could fly." She told the man, before turning to face him again. if he had been inside her head, he would have understood that it wasn't babble. It was that she wanted no limits, nothing to hold her back from being her. She kept an innocent smile on her face, her eyes locked into his. His eyes weren't dangerous, they were trustworthy to her. Nearly everyone's were.

"I'm sorry, I mean, I didn't mean to get back here." She began walking, taking his advice. "My sister, she'd be mad. I'm not supposed to go out alone." She turned her head to look back at the man who was helping her out of a place that she would hopefully never be again. "I am Saria." She said with a small grin. She slowed down and walked beside him, trying to make it easier to look when she spoke. It was one of Saria's quirks, she had to see someone when she was talking to them.

An Selwin observed the abnormal behavior that the girl was showing, it was annoying him even more to see that this girl didn't fear anything. She was looking towards the sky, talking about how she wished she could fly. Selwin rolled his eyes and said, "Get and broom and you can fly." It was obvious common sense. The girl had no idea where she was, what she may have gotten herself into and what can happen to her obviously, so maybe it was time to show her what could happen to her, but Selwin thought he would hold of anything for now and try to compromise with the girl.

Selwin rolled his eyes again as he heard the girl apologizing again that she didn't mean to be here. To Selwin, it was common to hear that because whenever some feels scared, they think like that. As they both started to walk, Selwin said, "Your sister would be mad at you because you are alone? Then you shouldn't have gotten lost." Selwin listened as the girl hold him his name, not that it mattered to him because he might not see the girl after he took her back to the harbour. "The name is Snape." said Selwin looking ahead. "Take a right here." said Selwin turning right.

Saria shook her head and looked at the man. "Nope, I mean like the birds. Brooms aren't the same. You still aren't free on a broom. there's always... always something to stop you." She looked forward again. Not many people understood Saria's way of thinking, but, it didn't bother her. She was different and she knew it, she understood it, and she loved it. She kept a smile on her face as they walked together, humming slightly. A light breeze blew through her dark, wavy hair. She brushed it off of her pale shoulders and looked up at him again while he spoke.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have even been out. I'm not allowed outside. She'd be really mad if she knew I was talking to you." Saria said. it wasn't him at all, it was men in general. Saria wasn't supposed to talk to boys, or men, or strangers. She had a lot of rules for her, but she dealt with them. She broke them a lot, sometimes forgetting about them. She turned right with him and nodded. "If it's so dangerous, why do you know it so well?" She asked, wondering why he would just be walking around.

Saria's imaginations was a little surprising to Selwin, maybe she was a mental case? He couldn't interpret the her right now, but so far, she was giving him the impression that she had a loose screw in her head. "You can be on a broom. I know a way to be free." Selwin coughed once and continued, "You can go high up in the air with your broom, then jump off of it. You'll be flying then." Selwin knew that this girl was different from other girl's, but there was something that was standing out to Selwin about this girl, which of course was positive. Aside from her being a total mental nutcase, he was feeling more positive energy around her than negative, so it was a good sign for Selwin.

Selwin raised his eyebrow as he listened to the girl say that she shouldn't have been even out and her sister would be really mad if she found out. It was pretty interesting for Selwin to hear that because it would seem there was a lot of curiosity stuck inside this girl that was popping up from time to time. "You are a curious one aren't you?" said Selwin. Selwin himself is a curious person when it comes to learning new things and what not. "Well, I'm much more familiar with this area because I travel a lot in this area. I know what area's to avoid and what area's a safe." said Selwin. "And that's something that can't be learned in one day. It takes a while getting used to." said Selwin.

That one sentence made her stop walking. She thought on what he had just said, and her eyes went from the wide, curious expression they had once been, to an angry one. "Oh is that it, you'd like to get some fun outta me killin' myself?" She asked with a small from. "Don't know why you have to be such a jerk-face!" She said loudly. She would have walked away right then if she had known where she was. She glared at him for a bit, and slowly stopped. Some people were like that, and maybe he just didn't know her well enough to be nice. She shrugged off the feeling within two minutes, because she didn't want to make an enemy with him, he seemed to know a lot. He might be able to help her again someday.

He asked if she was a curious one, and she shrugged a bit. "You have to know things to get through life, and the only way you learn is through asking question." For her being so slow, or in Selwin's eyes a mental nutcase, she had a lot of bright things to say. Saria always had, even if she didn't remember saying them all the time. "Maybe you should teach me then. I bet if... if I knew my way around..." She started walking backwards to face him. "My sister would let me out more often! i never get to have fun because she's afraid i'll do something stupid." Saria rolled her eyes.

Selwin raised one of his eyebrows looking at Saria, who had stopped walking. Listening to her reaction, it sounded as if she was upset to how he responded. Selwin could care less about what someone did with their life, he was just offering an option, or rather a different way to fly 'free' for that matter. There was nothing wrong with just flying off a broom in mid air, you could always use spells to save yourself, it really wasn't all that hard. "I don't think I said for you to kill yourself." said Selwin being a little more clear. "You could always use spells to save yourself, such as Accio to summon your broom again, and while falling, you can get back on your broom, and have the fun over again." said Selwin from experience. It was true, Selwin use to do it all the time back when he was in Hogwarts, or rather after he learned how to fly, he would go up into the sky at night time, go up to the quidditch pitch and have some fun time on his own. Sometimes he would take his friend's with him, very few friend's he had, only the ones he trusted.

It was true, the fact that the only way to get through life was to learn, learn and learn. That's how Selwin was getting through his life, and that's how every other person should as well. Since Selwin and Saria clicked on one decision, he decided to be a little more nicer to her. "Agreed. The only way to get through life was to learn." said Selwin. Selwin though about it when she said if he would teach her. Selwin was a busy man, he really didn't have time to take someone under his wing, but then again, during 'some' of his free time, he would just practice his dueling skills. "I'll think about it. Maybe I could take you under my wing." said Selwin. "Now, shall we continue walking?" said Selwin as he started to walk.

Saria's reaction may have shown that she was fine with what he said, but she wasn't. She still didn't understand him, and he didn't know anything about her. "What if I were a squib, and couldn't do magic?" She asked. "Or what if I was too young to use magic in general?" She sneered a bit, they were both very valid points, that he obviously hadn't thought through. it would make sense now that she had become offended, though Saria was neither of those things. Soon enough she would be able to use magic outside of school, because she would be graduating. She was excited for that, but wasn't sure where she would go from there. She used to not even think about it, but that was back when she was in her first year. A first year that she couldn't remember at all. She had to hear the stories over and over again. It was a surprise that she could remember spells the way she did with her amnesia as severe as it was. Doctors had tried things over and over again, they even had taken her to muggle doctors, who didn't understand what could have gone wrong neurologically.

She kept walking with him, one foot right in front of the other. She was trying to walk a strait line, as it appeared. it was difficult on any normal day, but in these heels it was twice as bad. Saria had a habit of wearing big heels, and her excuse was being able to throw them at someone was twice the fun of buying them. She heard him say he might take her under his wing and she smiled. "Okay, as long as you don't try to keep me cooped up too!" She giggled a bit, and looked at him with big, black orbs. She was confused as to why they didn't scare him. Only her family seemed to understand them, Saria didn't even know the cause.

Getting bombarded with a lot of questions, Saria was lucky that Selwin had a lot of tolerance in him, unlike most people of his kind. With him studying in the muggle world, it was often that the professor's there would pick on their students just for fun and make them answer question(s) even if they didn't know the answer, only to have them embarrassed. Using logic and common sense, Selwin was trying to deal with Saria since she looked like something was wrong with her or maybe she was a little loose in the head. "For being a squib, no doubt there will be death, period." said Selwin with a straight forward answer. He didn't have the habit of hiding anything back, even if it mean't hurting someone he didn't know, he could care less, but for some reason, he was just taking a little pity on Saria. "And as for being too you, you should even be flying without supervision" replied Selwin with a smirk. Selwin had a lot of knowledge inside his head, so if anyone were to challenge him, he's be sure to give them a run for their money.

Taking Saria under his wing was what he offered her, but he was starting to have second thoughts now. Was this girl worthy of bring under his wing? Selwin wouldn't just take anyone under his wing, they would have to possess something special in order to receive some importance from him, could this girl have something that was special? It was too soon to tell, he would have to spend a little more time with her to get to know her better. "You will have to do as I say if you are under me. No if's, and's or but's. In the end, you will see the results satisfying you." said Selwin answering to Saria's comment. It was as if Saria didn't want to do hard work, but then again, Selwin didn't want to judge her too quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back