Do I Know You??

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
((Setting: After Yule Ball))

For weeks now, Angela had been watching the abandon classroom when she walked by. She had seen things, people in their. Wether they were kissing, fighting, or just talking, it never seemed to be empty. until today, at this time. It was always empty right after lunch, she had noticed. She had always just been to scared to go in there. But now, she wasn't. She took her uke, and her father's green guitar in there, and decided to tune up her instruments. She played ukulele so much better then guitar, for some reason it was just easier. Lately it had been increasingly warmer, which meant Angela's pants and sleeves got shorter. Since last year, she hadn't really been self-conscience about her scars,a dn got more used to them. People around the school didn't even really look at her scars, they were too distracted by her hair.

Angela was fine with that, it was the whole reason she dyed her hair bright red, it just made sense. It made Angela unique, and that was what she had always aimed for. That's why she wasn't like Skyle, or the other girls who were skinnier and prettier and... there was a high pitched twang noise, and Angela looked down at Old Faithful. She had broken a string, and it had snapped her finger a bit. She cringed and reached into her guitar case, it was expected. She brought out a thing of strings, and a hello kitty band-aid. She hated blood, so she got it on quick. She started to restring it, and sighed. when did she become so low, so depressed. How long had it been since she'd spoken to Skyle, she didn't even go out to the rosebush anymore. She wanted to be a new Angela, not this one. Or at least, she wanted a friend.

It had been quiet sometime since Luke had been walking around. He was busy into his studies that he didn't have enough time to wonder around the school. Finally he had a chance and decided to scout out each floor on a certain day. Today was time to look on the second floor. As he looked around every corner, nook, and cranny he stumbled upon a room. This room wasn't too small nor was it enormous. Luke quickly took a peak inside to see that a girl was setting up what appeared like a small guitar. He had a little passion for music that was slightly growing. Rather than walking around the rest of the floor, Luke slowly walked into the room.

"I don't mean to startle you but it seems like you could use some company" Luke said with a calm voice. He was lucky that this time it didn't crack. He had noticed that normally it would crack when he was nervous but since the whole growing up thing was starting to catch up to him, voice cracks were now common.

Angela did not look up from her now broken Ukulele, instead she only made a humming noise, that signified she knew he was there. she had to concentrate on what she was doing before talking, or else she would break another string. It seemed that Angela couldn't even think about anything else while doing this. Once the string was on, she spun on the table she had been seated on to face the petite boy. He looked familiar. Of course, Angela was no good with introductions, unless she had something clever to say. So she reached into her mental, clever jar, and pulled out a paper that said blank. So instead of something witty, she replied. "Company, sure." It at least made it clear that she had been listening while stringing Old Faithful. "Sup?" She asked, sounding a bit ignorant. She really needed to get back into intellectual conversations. She was starting to sound like the surferws she had seen on TV, the one's who were dumb as a post with unreachable body images.

It seemed as though this girl was very into what she was doing. She replied but it seemed like she wasn't ready to talk just yet. Luke had a weird feeling about it but he knew better than to trust his gut since half the time it was wrong. Luke walked closer so see that the student was stringing a ukulele. "That's a nice little thing you have there. How long have you had it for?' "Perfect!" Luke thought to himself. He had found someone else who was probably into as music as much as he was. He played a few things back at home but he never thought to bring his guitar. Luke sort of thought that muggle things should stay in muggle worlds and the same where for magickal things. Luke took a seat closer to where the girl was sitting. He kept a distance for fear of making the girl feel awkward.

Angela faced the boy, heart shaped nob to tune it, she would have to pull it tight, she had broken the highest string, the A. She looked at the boy. "Old Faithful? I've had her since I was just a bun in the oven." She said. "It was my first instrument, it was my great grandfathers actually!" She was proud that she had kept it so well kept. She took care of the wood very well, the strings were the only things that ever got messed up on the tiny instrument. She looked strait at the boys face, "You like music too then?" She asked. Angela had always loved music, it was her passion, her soul; everything about her was music. If she was sad, she'd blare a depressing song to cry to, and happy emotions were the same way.

"I'm Angela, by the way."
She extended the hand with the hello kitty band-aid. it was so cute, she loved some of the things muggles made, and these were one of them. Who would want to heal if they could wear a little animated kitten on their hand? Angela of course was grateful for a lot of the magic, it had saved her a lot of pain when she had broken multiple ribs, her nose, and her wrist while fighting.

"Hm..sort of sounds like a family heirloom." Luke thought. Luke looked into the girl's eyes to show that he was paying attention and he had interest. "Oh yeah. I love music. I play a few things myself but I haven't really found anything that fits me." It was about time that after being here for about a year or two, Luke found someone with common interests. Everyone else just didn't seem to care. With that, the mysterious girl introduced herself as Angela.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Luke." Luke took Angela's hand and shook it softly. He took note of the band-aid that was on her hand. "I see the ukulele decided to fight back? " Luke laughed a bit to himself. "I had to watch others string guitars and they hate it. If the string snaps who knows where it goes. That's why I sort of had others do it for me." Luke smiled. He could only hope that now he could find a way of getting a guitar for himself. He missed the sweet sounds coming from a wooden instrument.

She smiled slightly. "Really? I love music, what instrument do you play? Oh and music, what type do you like?" Angela seemed more bubbly then before. Music was the one thing that she could talk about with complete strangers, it was her global peace theory. if everyone could just get together and talk about music for one day, maybe others wouldn't be so quick to judge. She took note of his comment about it fitting him. "It's not whether the music fits you, it's you fitting the music, bro." She commented. "I mean, music finds you, it becomes you. It molds into you, and all that poetic crap!" She smiled a little bit. It was insightful, but Angela was in no way going to make herself look like a sucker, or weak. however it was true, you don't pick if you like music, the music chooses to like you. Because when that base pops through your body, or you hear that one key, that was the music moving you.

Angela noticed how delicate he was with her hand, and then she noticed how he sat away from her, not real close. She decided she liked him. Most guys would sit close, be in Angela's personal bubble. Guys like Ryker, who had decided it was okay to kiss her because she was in tears. Luke wasn't like them, she could tell by his attitude. She looked at her finger and nodded. "Oh yeah, it's the only one that does." She looked at the green guitar in the case. "Angel doesn't bite at all." She giggled slightly. The guitar was named for her father.
"So do you play guitar?"

"Boy this girl sure loves her music!" 'Well I don't really keep my ears closed to I listen to whatever suits my mood or whatever is playing." Luke took note of what Angela said about music. It chooses you not the other way around. So Angela knows how to make a small joke. Luke laughed at her comment towards her instrument. "As of now I play nothing which is really upsetting. Although I would love to get my hands back on a guitar acoustic or electric. It's just something about being the spot light with music makes my blood boil. I love it." Luke was never one to play in front of other people but when he was by himself and just jamming, well he had the imagination that he was playing in front of the world. Everyone cheering, clapping and singing along. It was the best feeling he could ever get. Or at least...the closest thing he'd ever get to.

Angela was glad that Luke didn't think she was over-excited about music. "that's good. I've realized that music, it's the only thing that makes sense anymore." She said, playing a few chords on it to make sure the ukulele sounded right. Which it almost did. She went back to their conversation, turning the nob a bit more, hoping this string wasn't going to break. She nodded at his talk about not playing, and how he'd love to get his hands on a guitar again. She felt a shiver, a warming shiver, and Angela looked to her guitar. Her father's guitar. She glanced up quickly and smiled. If it was Sarah's, Angela wouldn't hear of it. But, her father wanted her to let the boy see it. "i have this one, you can hold it if you'd like." She offered, hopping off the table to grab it. "Here." She offered.

"I think you have a point there." Nick liked Angela's way of thinking towards music. He never thought of getting into a band at such a young age but it was something he sort of thought about. It seemed like loads of fun to be able to hang out with friends who share the same thoughts and feelings. When Angela said that she had an extra guitar Luke's heart raced. It never mattered to him what color it was just as long as he could play it and enjoy it. "Thanks." he said as he took the guitar. Luke check to make sure that the guitar was tuned down to Drop D. Once things were set he spoke once more before playing. "You might remember this song. they play it almost everywhere when needed." Luke slowly started to play and was slowly eaten alive by the music emanating from him.

Angela kept smiling, she had to, if she didn't she might not have given him the guitar. Angela knew that she couldn't hold onto it forever like that, people liked guitars, and she was sure he wasn't going to break it She watched what he did, glad that it was already set in drop d, the key he wanted. She watched his fingers move and listened to a song she had heard before. Of course, Angela never bothered to learn the name of the song, she had forgotten that long ago. She noticed how into it he was and smiled even more. Music appreciation. She giggled slightly. "I guess this must be our music appreciation class." She said smiling.

Once Luke finished the song, a smile spread across his face. "Yeah, I guess this is." He never really performed in front of anyone but he sort of blocked out Angela. Its not like he did on purpose but he just got so caught up in the feeling. Oddly this room was dubbed the abandoned classroom, it would soon turn into a place where Luke could play his music. The size of the room allowed the guitar to echo and give out a great sound. Luke gentle let the body of the guitar touch the floor let his hands rest on the neck. "So....what year are you? I sort of forgot to ASK." And of course at the worse time ever, Luke's voice decided to crack. He was embarrassed. His face began to glow a deep red.

She smiled at him and closed her eyes until the song was over. When Angela opened her eyes, her aqua eyes shone into his aqua ones, they were more teal. They still reminded her of her own eyes. "For not playing in a while, you really still have talent." She grinned a little bit more, glad that someone else could enjoy music like she did. She giggled when his voice cracked., it was the cutest thing she had ever heard. "I'm a third year." She said. "Are you? I mean, you can't be any older then fourteen." She commented. it was meant to be a compliment. Sometimes Angela's compliments sounded like insults.

WC = 115

Luke took notice of Angela laughing at his voice crack. "Nice job boy wonder..." Luke's red face still stood a bright read color. "I'm a second year." The way Angela had asked the question made Luke feel just a little insignificant. He knew that she didn't mean it. It was just one of those things that are too late to change once said. "So yea...." Luke felt a little more odd know. He wasn't sure to keep playing or have a more civilized conversation. Oh yes he wanted to talk but he just didn't know about what. True these two loved music but could they talk about it forever?

Angela's kind smile still set on her face. It was adorable, the way this boy blushed. In all honesty, she had never seen a boy blush. or at least she couldn't remember it. She found the silence popping in her ear. It was always so loud, it made her eats ring a little bit, so she needed to talk. "What house are you in, kiddo?" She asked, winking with the last word. She had never thought that he would be younger then her. He could definitely pass for her age, maybe older.

WC = 58

"I'm an awkwardly proud gryffy." "If that wasn't stupid enough to say I don't know what is.' Luke was making a fool of himself trying to act to cheery. "Forgive me. Being highly spontaneous just isn't my thing. I'm in Gryffindor." "thats much better" Luke wasn't the type of kid to be loud, rude or obnoxious. He was the more civilized type. He had his manors and knew how things worked...well almost everything. "How bout you?"

Angela giggled at his comment. Could this kid be any cuter? Well maybe if he had bunny ears and a tail, though she probably wouldn't have talked to him. Angela kept smiling and nodded. "Oh, it's fine... I'll be more spontaneous for the both of us." She said with a bright smile. She then grinned. "I'm Angela 'The Claw' Marion, so Ravenclaw." She laughed a bit. She had gotten 'The Claw' as a nickname in her first year. Come to think of it, the guy who gave it to her wasn't around much, or at least she never saw him anymore.

WC = 111

Luke was slowly getting into place. From anyone's point of view it seemed like Luke was flirting with Angela and that's not what he intended at all. Even if he didn't think he was doing it he was. "I think that would be a good thing. Me trying to be spontaneous is the worst thing you could ask for. I'd make a fool of myself." That was an interesting nick name, Angela "The Claw" Marion. It had a little ring to it. Luke wondered what would happen now. With not much to mind Luke slowly started to play another song. It turned into a favorite rather quickly. The song had a lot of meaning behind it. It sort of related to Luke in a way. He wasn't much of a person to talk but he could always say what he wanted in his music or writing it out. Luke couldn't help himself to sing along with the song.

Angela didn't think he was flirting, he was being nice. Angela had learned to tell the difference after a little while of dealing with guys who did nothing but flirt. Angela heard him start playing a song that was very familiar. She smiled and hummed to it, drumming a little bit on her legs. It was a simple drum beat, although Angela didn't play the drums. The song immediately turned her mind to Teddy. The way he had just dropped her for Skyle, her own family. Angela's eyes grew red from one corner to the next. She knew what she wanted to say to Teddy, this song even related to her. She stopped drumming when the last notes were reached. "You like Red Chelle Rae too? My Aunt used to listen to them."

WC = 130

As the song progressed Luke saw that Angela was joining along. She played the little drumming part which helped out along with her humming. When the song reached its end Angela asked if Luke was a fan of Red Chelle Rae. "Well I sort of do. As for now its only this song but I like it a lot. It has a different meaning as to way he bleeds his heart out on paper. I see it as in my case, sometimes I just can't seem to say what I want and writing it out or playing it in song makes it easier. It doesn't have the same feeling as if its said but something can still be understood on paper." "Since when did I become so poetic all of a sudden? I know I have an issue or two but really? I must be going insane." Luke was getting that weird feeling again. He knew what he said was perfectly fine but to him it just didn't seem right. It was either something was missing or he was something he shouldn't have said.

She smied at Luke and listened to his answer, it was that way for most bands to her also. Until she bought an album, or something of the sort. She nodded to his analogy. "Yeah, I can understand. The most emotional people make the best poets." She stated. "And music is basically poetry, minus the instruments." She let a small smile slide across her face. "If you've ever heard of Edgar Allen Poe, then you would know that you're right. He was a great muggle poet." She smiled, it was one of her favorite writers. She almost hoped he didn't know ihm, because that would give her more to tell him about. She kept a smile on her face as she sat and waited for him to say whether he knew Poe or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back