Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet stared at her toast, contemplating. She was quite frustrated with herself. She thought Hogwarts was heaven. And half the time, she felt as though this was her true home, and that she was an angel. The other half of the time, she thought she was supposed to be in hell, that she was there by complete mistake.
She sighed. She was fickle. Immature. Silly.
It was strange. She didn't fit in. But she did, perfectly. She was a failure as a witch. But she hadn't got anything less than an 'O' so far for homework.
Slumping in her seat, she bit the corner of her toast.
Violet was distracted from her misery by the arrival of the post - and not one, but two. She raised her eyebrows, as she ripped open the letter from her parents first.
Dear Violet,
I'm sorry I didn't believe you. You must think I'm a horrible mother!
I'm glad you're enjoying school and classes. Exams must be coming up soon, right? Are you doing your homework and studying hard? (I'm sure you are, but it's my duty as a mother to check).
And are you eating well? I don't want you getting sick when I'm not there to take care of you, my girl.
Violet, sweetheart, we're all counting down the days until the Christmas holidays begin. We all miss you terribly! Your father's been working hard, so he can take more time off these holidays, so we can be together again. Isn't that wonderful?
Alright, I expect you've got lots to do, so I won't keep you too long. I'm expecting to hear from you soon, though.
Love, mum.

At least her mum had stopped pretending that the letter was from all of them, she said, rolling her eyes. Surprise greeted her with the next letter, though. It wasn't from her aunt and uncle, nor from her cousin at Hogwarts, but from her other cousin, Angus.
Dear Violet,
You're probably wondering why on earth I'm writing to you, and why this letter's from me, and not mum. Well, why can't I write to my cousin?
I miss you, Violet. We don't even get to see each other much, but I miss you, and I so wish you were my sister, not Antoinette. She's become 100 times more annoying now that she's at Hogwarts. It's so frustrating. Now because she's in Ravenclaw, she thinks that she's smarter than me. I haven't even got my letter yet, and if/when I do, I'm just as likely to get in to Ravenclaw. I'm just as smart as she is! And you should've seen what she wrote after she found out you got in to Hufflepuff! She was all like "I'm so much smarter than Violet, she's obviously not going to be a very good witch because she's in Hufflepuff." Mum and Dad were annoyed, of course, but I was completely livid. She has no right to talk about you that way! You're definately the better person. Antoinette's told us about the houses, see, and she said that Hufflepuff's for "all the bleeding hearts, like Violet." Of course, she's biased. I know that people who care about each other go to Hufflepuff, and because you're the nicest person I've ever known (yes, you must be nice to have read this much of the letter), you belong there. I'd rather be like you than her, Violet.
But as if I'd want to be in the same House as her. It's been bad enough living ten years in the same family. I'm not going to cope at boarding school with her.
So, if I do get in to Hogwarts, I'm going to try and go to Hogwarts in New Zealand, with you, because you're my most awesome cousin, and I'd rather be at the same school as you, rather than her. You have no idea how dangerous it would be putting us together. We'd probably blow up the school once we learnt some serious magic. And I am not joking.
I haven't talked to Mum and Dad about this yet, but they know how volatile the situation is between me and Antoinette. They'll probably agree.
Anyway, I hope to hear from you again. I miss you and I really hope I get to go to Hogwarts in New Zealand. If you don't mind, that is.
Love, Angus.
P.S. Mum and Dad send their love, of course.

Violet's mouth broke in to a wry smile. Angus and Antoinette were completely different people. And she couldn't help but hope that Angus would come to Hogwarts next year. She'd rather he was here, than with Antoinette. Those two completely hated each other. She folded the letter up, and took another bite of her toast, back to the present. Her family were crazy, but they gave her a place where she truly belonged. She was still unsure about whether or not she belonged at Hogwarts.

Amy hadn't been up for very long but was starting to feel hungry and so decided to slowly make her way down for breakfast. On entering she saw that it was relativley empty and headed for the Gryffindor table.
She was just about to sit down when she noticed Violet sitting at the Hufflepuff table. She was unsure about the rules for sitting at what tables but seeing as it was quite empty, she decided to go and sit down with Violet.
"Morning" she said happily, "Mind if I sit with you?" she asked, thinking it better to ask before sitting down with her.

Violet smiled up at Amy, putting the letters away - out of sight, out of mind. "Yeah, you can sit here. I think. Oh well, sit here anyway." She grinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back