Bi-weekly Update

Hello, lovely peeps!! Claire here. :claire: We've got some exciting updates to get into today, so I won't delay!

Back to School!

Monday marks the start of the new school year! A big welcome to all the new first years. :party: Third years and above, don't forget to enrol in your classes via the gradebook. If you haven't got the supplies required to sign up, the professor might still enrol you, but you'll need to reach out to them and ask.

Speaking of school supplies - shopkeepers, please remember to complete your transactions so that the students' purchased items arrive in their inventories. The holiday forums are now officially closed.

Haven't sorted yet? Itching to sort another? (You know you are :r) The sorting ceremony will be closing later this week, so don't put it off too much longer!

Quidditch tryouts are coming to an end so post quickly if you haven't. And the club fair is just getting underway!

PROMOTIONS!

Oooh, who doesn't love the anticipation and excitement of group promotions?! Congratulations to the new Head Boy, Felix Carnahan, and the new Head Girl, Molly Burke! They look incredible in their new colours. :party:

Congratulations as well to the new prefects of each house:

Marnie Frogg
Penelope Marshall

Emmanuel Okoye
Michael Watson

Mischa Falter-Butera
Lennox Addison

Chaos Zhefarovich II
Kyon Lockwood

Well-deserved all round! And finally, welcome aboard to Professor Noel Waldgrave, who will be taking over teaching DADA lower years. Congratulations, Jamie!

Wheelbarrow Race
What better way to kick off the school year than with a wheelbarrow race? This HNZ tradition is always a lot of chaos and fun, so grab a partner and head on over to the sign-ups before October 17th to participate. Don't have a partner yet? Don't be afraid to post in the thread asking for one! No doubt someone else is in the same boat and will be more than happy to pair up with you. ^_^

A Warm Welcome!

A warm welcome to our newest site members!! We're very happy you found our corner of the internet and we hope you have a great time here. :hug: If you haven't yet checked out the site FAQ's or the site docs, we encourage you to do so - they're full of useful information for getting started. But if you're still uncertain about anything, you can also reach out to any member of staff. We will always be very happy to help you!!

Calendar Updated

Just a quick note to mention that the calendar has been updated to show the events of the upcoming IC year. There's a lot to look forward to!! What are you most excited about?

• Talk to the Wind, Talk to the Sky - Sometimes feelings get between even the closest of friends
  • What Now?- June reflects on the changes in her family and what happens next with Misha OR After an nightmare of an break. June and Misha meet at Hogwarts to speak about how to go from here now June her father is sentenced to Azkaban for life long and her mother passed away. June shows her emotions (she has them!)

• New term!
  • Wheelbarrow race!
  • Club fair!
  • Werewolf! :o
  • Apps re-opening!

Thank you all for staying with me until the end! I hope you have a lovely week, be good to yourselves, and stay cool :cool:

Any questions/comments/concerns, post below!

~Clairey
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

*posted for Claire

Thanks for the update, Cyndi & Claire!
I am looking forward to the wheelbarrow race and quidditch matches myself.

Thanks for the update!!

I'm looking forward to Gryffindor winning the Quidditch cup :r 🦁 🏆

Thanks for the update! I'm very looking forward to this year. And Slytherin win the house cup again :r🐍

Archived

It's time for some new news, so we're archiving this to get it out of the way.

Please make sure to check out the news and updates section for the most up to date site news. If you have any questions about this piece of news, please reach out to an administrator.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back