Alice under the trees.

Alice Derland

Alice walked down the vast beautiful lawn of Hogwarts. It was a beautiful sunny day and the warmth in the air showed no sign of the coming fall weather. All around there were groups of students chatting or reading or playing a game of football. And all the activity made Alice feel happy and safe. There had been many strange things happen at Hogwarts since she arrived including the death of a student but all that seemed to vanish from her mind as she walked over to sit under the shade of a tall maple.

Alice was preparing to write a letter home. She had been lax in her correspondence to her mother which was unusual as she and her mother were quite close. Though it wasn't same as talking to her, writing a letter was the closest she could get.

Dear Mum,
I hope all is well with you at home. How is dad? And Mrs. Plum next door? Things are going well here. Don't be worried about what you read in the Daily Prophet, they tend to blow things way out of proportion. Hogwarts is a wonderful place and I feel quite safe here. And you know how my feelings can be a more accurate then many other things.
I've met some wonderful new friends and they are also my room mates. Cyndi, Sophia, and Beatrice. You would like them very much. And I also got myself a cat. His name is Hershey and he is so cuddly and cozy, I hope dad likes him because I'm going to have to bring him home for the christmas break.
I've also met a nice boy too. Now don't give that smile mum. He is just a friend but he is very sweet and cute. Actually he has let me borrow his Owl Ledgend to send this letter. So be nice to him.
Well classes start next week and I can't wait. I'll send you another letter after they start and tell you how they are. And maybe...you could send me a little care package of those wonderful chocolate chip almond cookies, I miss those alot.
Give dad a hug for me and stay well.
Love always
Alice.

Alice looked out over the lawns again at everyone and smiled to herself. She rolled up the parchment and set off to the Owlery to send Ledgend on his way with her letter to her family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back