OK so here goes nothing.
First of all, it's hard to believe my last entry was a little over a month ago, the time has seemed to gone by so quickly...yet again. A quick recap since December 31st 2009 first:
OK this is pretty much a rough outline of all that I've been doing recently which again some of you may know through just talking to me in Spam/GD/Skype whatever. But the reason I'm writing this blog tonight (even though I'm shattered) is because I just got the over whelming urge to cry and by the end of this post I might actually be crying
- I briefly worked in a call centre for The Savile Row Shirt Company. It was an OK job but was very boring at times. The pay was good and the staff were nice enough, wasn't overly keen on the bosses though
- I got very sick around this time too, a day or two into the new year...oh joy.
- I had my first set of University exams in the first few weeks of January as well. Although due to being as sick as I was and stupid University policies I was unable to attend two out of my three exams.
- This put me into a sort of depression for a week or more. Being ill and the fact of not being able to do my exams hit me really hard Some may have noticed my lack of activity on HNZ around that time...that's probably because why.
- I BOOKED FLIGHTS TICKETS TO GO VISIT EMMI, TONEH, STEPHY and BETH
- Well I started back to Uni and couldn't be happier, got back into a somewhat normal schedule and seeing all my friends again has been great
- I've started my Trainee Leader Course with the Youth Service with my introduction night and my first of two residentials and OMG I love it so far :woot:The Residential was AMAZING!! Made so many great friends and had a bundle of laughs all weekend. Crawling around a cliffs edge, blind-folded, in the snow singing 'Snow is falling'.....just epic
I suppose it started with yesterday morning when I went to get my tan done for my formal which was last night. Well I don't know what kind of tan that person but on but I am WAY TOO BROWN I've tried scrubbing it off and it's not working which put me in a downer when it came to the formal, so much so that I deleted all pictures of me off my camera. I never like how I look in pictures but that was just unbearable to look at, plus I didn't like my dress Although the night was amazing, I had so much fun. Talked to an old friend from home pretty much all night while playing Blackjack at the 'casino' in the back of the room. At the end of the night I had the 5th highest amount of money left so I won a vibrating head massager
Then today, obviously very sore and tired after last night but I had to go to Uni to stand on my feet for 3 hours straight in the kitchen...at least I got to eat the cook I made Then after I finished the kitchen I went to the library and sat on HNZ for like four hours and caught up on all of my RPs Was actually very proud of myself After that I went home to go to the Youth Club. Now as some know I am doing this dance project with a number of children from the Youth Club for them to compete at a competition against a lot of other clubs and groups all over Northern Ireland. Well I tried to start this ages before Christmas but got no-where so I've only had 4/5 nights doing the dance with them and with my schedule I'm finding it hard to find time to choreograph more of the dance before each Wednesday night and normally 'wing it' on the night. So far we are just over half way through the dance which isn't too bad but the fact we have TWO nights left to perfect the dance is daunting I'm not a choreographer I'm a dancer and can do some minimal choreography but not a whole 3 minute dance
On a Wednesday night by teacher leaves me back to my flat in Belfast as she lives down here too somewhere and each week we have a few conversations. The conversation tonight revolved around my weight, my Trainee Leader Course and America. I'll take each one separately, although they all connect together.
My Trainee Leader Course
Anyway I think that's about it for the Youth Club crap.
Now on to the real reason I sort of felt like crying. So going back to what I said about my having to miss two of my exams at the beginning of last month. Well because I had a valid reason (really anyone with the flu or flu like symptoms were told to not do their exams because of the whole Swine Flu Pandemic ) I am allowed to take them in the re-sit period in August. This is what had me in a depression back last month, the fact I couldn't do them and that I had to do them over the summer. I have the usual fears, what if I fail them? Normally it's ok for people because they can re-sit them, well not for me this is my first and only chance To make it worse tonight I went on Facebook and saw a lot of people out of my class all saying how they were so happy that they had passed all of their exams. Of course I'm happy for them but I just feel like crying because I can't say that and that it looks like I'm going to be the only one going in during the summer See told you all it was nothing major. But it's just the kind of thing that matters to me. On the plus side I passed the exam I did go too
The again August will be here in no time at all because I will be soooo busy for the next while it's unreal.
- 19th: Line Dancing Charity Night
- 20th: First Line Dancing Competition
- 26th-28th: Second residential for my Trainee Leader Course and assessment
- Start my job for a music festival that I'm working at this summer
- 6th: Line Dancing Competition
- 10th: Project night for my Trainee Leader Course, basically I bring all the parents in to see the children do their dance
- 13th: The actual competition
- 18th: I turn 19
- 20th: Grannys 85th birthday (I also have two Line Dancing Competitions on that day so I may or may not get to one of them instead)
- 27th: Line Dancing Competition
- 21st: Presentation night of our projects of my Trainee Leader Course
- 23rd-25th: All Ireland Line Dancing Finals
- Not sure yet, I have exams I think
- America for two weeks hopefully
- 25th-26th: Glasgowbury Music Festival which I will be working at (I hope it's not the same time as America
And sometime And then we're back to Uni again after that. Yeah I know, no real reason for the list but it just goes to show you how busy I'm going to be in between things that the time will surely just fly by, and I still have all my usual Uni crap to do as well as that
- House hunting for 2nd year of Uni Note to self: Find flat mates
Anyway yeah, recap I'm depressed because everyone has passes their exams and has no worries whereas I do Also my speakers for my computer aren't working so I can't listen to music...OR SKYPE D: It kills me to not have music on when doing work or anything, I'm reduced to the crappy radio on my phone. Should really get to downloading some music I'm currently listening too (oh BTW the title is from 'Shock Treatment' a song I'm currently loving Also my formal dress last night was black..but not little, strapless, or backless )
Um yeah I think that's it...oh one last time. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THE CONGRATS ON ME GETTING SPOTLIGHTED CHARACTER FOR THIS FORTNIGHT And thanks to those who had a hand in my getting it
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night
Comment by Tony Alraur, Feb 10 2010, 10:04 PM
Screw Christmas! Let's get drunk.
You've done more than I have in the past few months. And I haven't been around here for several weeks either. And I had a hard time too. And examinations are easy anyway. And <-- that.
Non-the-less, I hate you for taunting with the 'strapless backless classical little black dress'. I thought this was going to be an.. interesting read.
Comment by Patricia Styx, Feb 11 2010, 12:41 PM
Yay for getting drunk....we can do that in April
I have done a fair bit and still have a fair bit more to do which is good, yes, but still I have been so shattered for the last two months which is not fun. And I know exams are easy (believe me if the ones in my class passed their exams with the amount of revision they did and their attendance at lectures the must be easy. The thing that gets me is I didn't even get the chance to see how easy they were
And thanks Tony
And hehehe I thought that would get some attention. You naughty boy
- Add new comment: